Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request, Task & Subtask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Want 2 know

1) What is request? What is use of it? How 2 create it? How 2 release it?

2) What is Task & subtask?

Please explain me with example.

Thanks in advance.

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport Request is generated in following scenarios:

1. Customizing Request - When doing or changing some customization.

2. WorkBench Request - When configuration is cross-client. Eg Generating new Table, making changes in access sequence, Abap development, etc.

Transport Request is released through SE10, to be transported to Quality & production server.

Configuration of Transport Request System is configured by Basis consultant. Basis Consultant is also responsible for transporting the Transport request from Development server to Quality & Production.

Transport request is not generated for Master Data. For eg: Customer Master, Material Master, price master, etc.

Benefit of Transport Request:

SAP Landscape normally has 3- Tier system:

Development Server - Where customization takes place. Transport request is generated at this level & then first transported to Quality server for testing whether it meets the requirement or not. Once the requirement is met in Quality server then Request is transported from Development Server to Production Server (Actual / Live System)

Quality Server - Mainly useful for testing.

Production Server Actual / Live server, where the real transactions are created & posted.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I ll reward u full points but can u explain me

1) What is Task & subtask?

if possible show me with example of task & Subtask.

Means i hav seen request but i dont know which 1 is request, which 1 is task and which 1 is subtask.(Whn we see hirarchy.)

Thanks in advance.

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A request is nothing but a number within which you have task and subtask. The request is transported between two clients with the task and subtask.

Now a task by definition is any change which you are assigned to carry out within the client. The subtask is the child request assigned to the task or request. This subtask would include different field and tables which have been altered or changed by you while you saved the customisation under a request. Its is you who would release the subtask and then assign the task to an approver(may be a BA or manager) to approve it. the request once approved is moved by Basis.

Here is it how you do it: Go to SE10 --> put your user id, check all the boxes except released --> select the request number, double click -

> click on the child task, double click and you can see the objects created or changed by you here, with the tables.

Please award points if helpful.

Thanks