SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having industry experience in Retail Domain(family business). I am presently working in IT industry in Mainframes technology and have an experince of about 4 years.

I want to change to SAP and as i have got industry experience in retail, I would like to learn SAP IS Retail.

I am presently learning SAP basic from one friend of mine. And am planning to learn Retail either on my own from the study material available on the web or join a course. What do you suggest is the best approach? Is there any training center giving course in Retail in chennai?

Can i get some study material for IRT100 (mySAP Retail Process Overview), IRT310 (Retail Master Data), IRT320 (Pricing and Promotions), IRT330 (Requirements Planning and Purchasing), IRT340 (Supply Chain Execution), IRT360 (Store Connection), IRT370 (SAP Retail Store)?

I have got some other questions as well.

1. What are the prospects of SAP Retail? Is it a good option?

2. Is their any certification on IS Retail available in India?

3. What is the difference between the certifications Booking code: "C_ISR_03" and "C_ISR_60"?

4. Is there any prerequisite to appear for a certification exam?

5. Where can i appear for this certification exam?

6. Is there any institution providing course on SAP IS Retail in Chennai? What is the duration of the course? What is the fees structure?

Thanks in advance,

Rashmi Ranjan Padhy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl look into the following link which will provide answers to some of your queries:

http://www.transweaveinc.com

Regards,

S.V.ManiKumaar

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl look into the following link which will provide answers to some of your queries:

http://www.transweaveinc.com

Regards,

S.V.ManiKumaar

0 Kudos

Hi,

SIEMENS IS THE TRAINING PARTNER IN CHENNAI FOR SAP CERTIFICATION AND CLASSES.

I suggest u that plz go that institute and take counselling from them. they will suggest you and give u complete solutions for ur queries.

in order to understand subject plz go through this web link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/12/084876470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

I have already inquired with Siemens and they are not giving training or certification in IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Transweave is the only authorized partner with SAP INDIA to teach SAP IS RETAIL course.

I have completed the course in Transweave and cleared the certification from SAP too.

Please refer to www.transweave.com.

Regarding course materials about IRT 310,320,330,340,360,370,need ur ID.

Job perspectives are really good in India and abroad.

Thanks,

Adarsh N

0 Kudos

I am currently located outside India. I had been to transweave and found it good, however, i did not have 3 months time to get the course done.

I am looking to learn on my own and then go for a certification in IS Retail.

Please do pass me the course material if you can.

Thanks,

Rashmi Ranjan Padhy

P.S. Search for rashmiranjanpadhy on google for contact info. Or visit my website rashmiranjanpadhy dot com. Can not give my contact info here as it is restricted.

0 Kudos

hi,

how r u? If possiable please send or tell me where can i get these materials IRT-100, IRT-360, IRT-370

Thanks and Regards

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

Whats ur Exp with Transweave? Is teaching is par with siemens? Can u share ur exp..there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Depending on your location, i could suggest the training partner.

Courses are also offered by SAP Education and trainings are followed up by certifications. Information is available on WWW.SAP.COM under services options. You could look into the training calendar for ur region.

Every quarter SAP conducts training courses.

I can share the training dates, could you share which country u r looking for?

0 Kudos

Presently I am located in Los Angeles, USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Rashmi Ranjan Padhy,

First I would like to say that IS-Retail is doing good in the market annd the coming future for this module is very good as the retail industries is growing rapidly in Indai and more in overseas.

This is a new discovery of sap and is not in its peek, now slowly but definitely its demand in the market will increase in tme future

To go with IS_ Retail there should be knowledge in retailing

I dont know your family Business but the concets of Hyper Shopping mall like WallMart are entirely different tahn that of the regular small retails shops in indai, Imean to say that their Terminologies used,

their way of genetating the requirements, lein ware house concets etc.

you can Defininetly go for this but you need to work hard

1.The material you can get it in sdn.sap.com

2. Yes the certification is provided by Semens in india

3.The pre requisite is that you need to take training with semens for writing the Exam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi

Transweawe is the only option to do certification in india.. I hope the cost will be around 4.5 Lac

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In hyd some institudes started IS Retail traning...but i think they are not providing all info ..if u got any soft copies please forward to id .....sree_likki...yahoo

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Planning to take up retail course is a very big decision. before u can do retail it is important to have knowledge od sap base modules.

Coming to transweave in india, it is the most unprofessional any most use less training centre i have ever known. My friend has lost his money with them. the trainers are totally useless and has no experience at all. they cant even speak and understand what is the business scenarios and business process.

The most sorry state of SAP india is after repeated complaints about the training in Transweave, nobody bothers. the truth is Transweave takes SAP feed back through forms and when they send it to SAP they change and write the forms of their own with the feedback.

Anyway if u want the training in india Hyderabad is the best place. their is a person by name Bilal, he is the SAP Retail trainer, he is very good. very professional and gentle man.

He trains in a institute called solarsoft, the admin no:+919848237300. I am a SD consultant, He trained me in Retail, he has tought all the modules mentioned above to us. i am not shore if he does online training. U need to contact them clarify.

Cheers

Astricks

0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Do not get carried away if you really want to make a career in IS Retail.

What is needed to learn SAP is simple sense in knowing the Business processes of a Retail company, Know the fundamentals of SAP Enterprise structure,Master data and MAP all the functions.

There is a faculty who has delivered more than 5 batches and around 50 students for IS Retail among whom 3 have got the jobs in MNC;s.

There is an Institute called Dimentionality at Ameerpet, where you can find the best faculty i never saw in SAP kind of stuff who even cares for the simplest basic knowledge of the candidate and guides as per the interviews and getting a break.

Cheers

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TransWeave Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Chennai, is the only Institute in India Provides IS -Retail Certification Cource and End to end solution for retail industry devoted to the retail industry only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi

Just call dimensionality institute at ameerpet the faculy has got 3 years of real time exp in Retail implementations he trained more than 50 candidates.

9849839988-Raji Reddy

Do not fall prey for the words return anywhere.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write your queries to

sapisretailexpert at the rate of gmail dot com

0 Kudos

Hi!

When I try to create Merchandise Category, I am getting the below error

No article type has been defined for MC articles

Message no. WW059

Procedure

Define the attributes of the material type for the material group material in Customizing.

Select "1" as the ID for assignment of the material type to identifier in Customizing.

Make any necessary Customizing settings if you have the required authorization.

Contact your system administrator if you cannot make the settings yourself. Take into account the industry IMG and the retail IMG, since the material type identifier is only used in retail.

I try to select "1" as the ID for assignment of the material type, its not getting saved!!!!

can any one help me pls

0 Kudos

Are u trying to create MC with tcode WG21?

Regards,

Logi

0 Kudos

yes i am tryinig to cretea MC with WG21

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create MC levels with CLWM

And assign them with CLW1

Create MC with WG21

And assign MC and MC Levels with WG26

Are u using this procedure are any different?

Regards,

Logi saravan

0 Kudos

Hi!

I am using the same procedure

when i go the the tcode WG21 enter the MC name and the hirarchy level, i get this error, not allwoing me to create the category!

Regards

Malar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create MC levels with CLWM

And assign them with CLW1

Create MC with WG21

And assign MC and MC Levels with WG26

CLWM

• Enter Hierarchy Level press enter (Eg: TEST000- Level 0)

• Enter Description(EG:Test Retail )

*Save it. Level 0 was created.

Follow the same procedure for all levels.(Eg: TEST100 - Level 1 and description Test food, levl2 etc)

CLW1

*Type TEST000 and press enter

*Type TEST100 in Class column and press enter.(Type all other mc level which is coming under this level ) and save it.

Now Level 1 (s) are assigned to level 0

U just try to do this. If any issue do reply

Regards,

Logi

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I wanted to learn SAP IS Retail, can anyone suggest a good training institute where I can connect?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay