cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed IDoc posting for Order type KE with EAN number for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

An IDoc with message type "ORDERS" and IDoc type Orders02 fails postings with the error message "Material not defined for Sales Organization, Distribution channel and language. The IDoc holds data for posting and Order of type KE (consignment issue) and the material number is the EAN number. Is it that Material Determination is failing for Order type KE ? Is there any way out other than writing an exit code?

Thanks and Best Regards,

I. Shekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, check if that material is defined in transaction MM03, Addtional Info --> Languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try doing the same processing online using VA01 to confirm that material determination is working fine. Most likely, that will be the culprit.

If that is working fine, please re-cehck the Idoc segment/ field in which you are recieving the material number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Thanks for the response. Have tries what you have suggested. It fails. Am I to conclude that material determination fails for Orders of type KE. If that is the way it has been built, then even IDoc posting should not go through. But why? How are we to overcome ?

Best Regards

I.Shekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Idoc behaves in pretty much the same way as the std screens of the application ( in this case, Idoc inbound processing internally calls VA01 screen for processing).

If you do not have correct and enough data coming in the IDoc, the processing will fail.

This applies to IDocs for any application.

First resolve the issue in VA01, and then process the IDoc with correct data.