cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to webdynpro and i hope to get my basics right before i start working on it . Could someone plz answer the below queries:

1> What is a Node, Attribute and Element.

2> How does the data flow occur between Component Controller and other View Controllers.

3> What is the hierarchy of methods executed in a view i.e wddoinit,modifyview,afteraction etc.

Thanks In Advance,

Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Context is like a data container which holds the data. In this context you can create (sub)nodes and attributes. So a node can have a structure (attribute) like SFLIGHT. Meaning, in this node you can store data from DB table SFLIGHT. On the other hand, you can also create attributes (variable). A node can have a certain cardinality:

Each node contains data fields that represent one of the following:

An individual instance of an object type

A table of instances.

This property of a node is known as its cardinality. The following table summarizes the

possible cardinalities for a node:

Cardinality Description

1:1 The node contains only one element instance, which is instantiated automatically.

0:1 The node contains only one element instance, which must not be instantiated.

1:n The node can contain multiple element instances, of which at least one must always be

instantiated (and is instantiated automatically).

0:n The node can contain multiple element instances, of which none have to be instantiated.

2. The flow is achieved via context mapping. This is a drag and drop functionality in which you can drag and drop nodes, attributes from one context controller to the controller of the other context.

3. WDDOINIT, WDDOMODIFYVIEW, WDDOBEFOREACTION, WDDOEXIT..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos