cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No menu for installing SAP system after ./sapinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

i have download the needed files from SAP Support Portal in order to install NetWeaver Portal 7.0. My problem now is when i run ./sapinst i can not found the option: SAP System. Under the Menu: SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3 i can only see the following options:

SAP Netwaver 7.0 SR 3

- Standalone Engines

- Optional Standalone Engines

- Software Life-Cycle Options

Where can i found the option SAP Systems as described in Install Guide? I have downloaded: BS2005 SR3 Installation Master Linux on IA32 32bit.

What could be the problem?

regards,

Sharam

Edited by: seed_mopo on May 10, 2008 1:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is, that 32bit platforms are deprecated and starting with SR3 it´s no more possible to install on 32bit. Either use the SR2 installation CD set or (better) - switch to a 64bit platform.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thank you for the quick reply. Should that mean that the SR2 Software is no more available for download, because i can not fond it in SAP Support Portal or do you know where i can download it?

regards,

Seed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It´s no more available for download - you will need to create an OSS call at XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP and order it there. Explicitly state, that you want SR2 - but: I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend switching to a 64bit platform.

If you are installing a new server that was bought not so long ago, it may be 64bit capable.

Markus

Answers (0)