cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPEx: Protocol not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing some problems with the FTP connection. When we send our msg we get following error response :

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Protocol not supported.

Any ideas how we can solve this?

Regards

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

FTPex is not a XI "native" (aka supported) protocol ... According to its descrition, it is some sort of "hybrid" transport protocol (FTP for transfer and HTTP for display/navigation). So either your FTPex'd server supports standard FTP(S) with ftp://<host> url, or you'll have to add/install this feature

Hope it helps (and I didn't tell wrong)

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

does that mean we have to install the FTPEx Protokoll on the XI engine or on the FTP server?

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I'm not familiar with FTPex software, but there are 2 solutions :

- you develop your own FTPex XI adapter (may be complex)

- enable pure FTP protocol on your server side (either your FTPex solution is able to do or emulate standard FTP prot. or you may have to install a "regular" FTP server)

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your response, I will check this tomorrow with the DB owner..

markus

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could it be possible that u r using the same FTP for many scenarios. If yes, then try making some of the channels inactive for sometime and then try with ur scneario. This may occur due to large no of open connection with the FTP server

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the Quick resolving things to check

1) Are you using the FTP Server???

2) Make sure that you have given the correct User & Pwd

3) Make sure that you have the propper authorizations like read/write/delete

4) Make sure that you are not restricted by any Firewalls

5) Ping the FTP Server from the CMD prompt from your Desktop

Regards