cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print global variable in smart form table cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have smartform and i insert table in it, i also have set global variable, i want to show variable in table cell.

regards

shahid rais

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can display that variable, in table cell. for that simply do as below, in that table cell, take text, in that write variable name in between &&.

example: if ur variable name is sample, write as &sample&.

if ur printing only this variable in table, then it may not allow u as u didnt specified any loop in table.

so it is possible, when u also have some additional fields in table, which u will print using a loop.

if, u want to print it alone in table, i advice to use template, instead of table.

hope it is clear, if any doubts, plz post them back

reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid Rais

You can use this global variable that has been declared in anywhere as you like.

For displaying global variable in table lines, You can first set the column and row of the table by using the table tab in table node . Then, u can decide either the variable u want to used will be placed on header, main, or footer. After that, right click on one of the table part, and choose create table line. After choosing the correct line type as already been declared in the table painter, just simply right click on the table cell, and then create text node.

You can now enter your variable by using "insert field".

And don't forget the & & signs before and after your variable name.

Regards,

William Prawira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid rais,

First declare the variables in Global Definitions of Global Settings .

Now u can use these Global Variables in any part of the smartform.

U can use in any part of the Table cell .

If u are going to use the global variables in Program lines Node then u need to import the variable by using Import parameters and then u can use in ur Program lines Node

Best regards,

raam