cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalize WebDynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to use the portals (EP 6 SP2) personalization functionality with a WebDynpro application so that the user can set iView parameters that are used by the WebDynpro?

regards Steffen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with the next NetWeaver release we provide here a rich set of functionality to use both the end-user p13n and the role-based customization.

In the "Praxisbuch Web Dynpro" published end of April by SAPPress we will describe furthermore some tricks and workaround to use the end-user p13n of the portal even with NetWever 04.

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jochen,

So the next Netweaver Release means NW2004s, or later? If so is there a date for this release?

Also what do you mean with p13n, I am not familiar with this term.

Thanks,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

P13N = Personalization

analogous to I18N etc.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

personalization and configuration is available for Web Dynpro ABAP applications with NW2004s, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/22/719f42f2ff7e5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Ramp-Up of NW2004s started at the end of October 2005.

Regards,

Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

What kind of personalization do you mean? More from an administrative point of view or from an enduser point of view?

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

it's for the enduser - with the iViews 'Personalize' menu item.

Regards Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

This is not possible with NetWeaver 04, we have plans for future releases to make this feature available.

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any update on the availability of this? I am also interested on the recommended approach to providing personalization in Web Dynpro Applications.

BRgds,

Simon