cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program ID in Sender RFC adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created 9 interfaces between same R3 (RFC Sender) and FTP (file receiver)server. ,

Do i need to create 9 RFC sender communication channels with different program ID (for registered server program in RFC destination type TCP/IP in R3), now i have created 9 RFC destination. is it possible for me to create single RFC destination with one program id for all the RFC sender interfaces.

thanks for your help

Dhanush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No need to create 9 RFC sender communication channels with different program ID.

Only one sender CC with unique program ID will solve ur purpose.

Thanks

Deepak Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanush,

U can use unique program ID for different RFC destinations, but when u trig more than one RFC the network traffic between R3 to XI would be more.So better to use seperate Program ID for each RFC destination and also in the sender RFC communication channel mentain initial connection 1 and maximum connections more than one.

Thabnks,

Raju

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use single RFC destination and single Program ID

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same kind of things for our internal interfaces. We have around 10 RFC destinations that use the same program ID for registration (for "technical grouping"). This reg prg id is then used in our sender RFC channel it works perfectly. But depending on the expected load, the channel must be defined accordingly (min and max cnx)

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we shld maintain one RFC Destination for each scenario.

Why because the program ID which we are giving at the time of RFC Dest creation should be Unique through out SAP System, Based on the Pgrogram ID--- RFC Sender channel is able to identify the RFC data it at the time of the genaration.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, you dont need diff Program ID for each destination.

Pls chk the below blog..

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

and there was a discussion in the forum related to ur query, I dont remember it exactly.

Pls chk this thread.

Regards,

Srini

Edited by: Srinivas P on May 9, 2008 4:39 PM