cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent - setup wizard error - Install path error on HA system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am setting up SMD agent on HA system. Agent was successfully installed and am able to see this agent under agent administration.

While running diagnostics setup wizard, I entered /usr/sap/<SID> for the installation path. When I click on "Set", giving the following error

"check of install path /usr/sap/<sid> failed. Filesystem File path /usr/sap/<SID> is not accessible , check the property 'smd.file.root_directories' in the smd administration UI;canonical path is /lh<sid>sap/usr/sap/<sid>"

I am not able to locate smd.file.root_directories file on our system.

We use SMD agent SP13.

Any help....

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is a *nix system, make sure the smdadm account has a umask set to 022. The default is 002 which doesnt give the account the needed perms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still I am having the same issue.

If I give the path as link , it is not able to access. If I give physical path, it works fine.

Not sure why it is not taking the link

Here is the scenario:

If I enter /usr/sap/SMD ( where SMD is a link to /usr/sap/<SID>/SMD. It is giving error installation path is not accessible.

If I enter any another physical path as /usr/sap/TEST , test is folder under /usr/sap. It is able to accept this path.

Any help again ?

Thanks!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can the user running the agent access that path on OS level?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved.

SMD Administration --> Agent Configuration , update here.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like we need to update DefaultConfiguration.properties file. The value of this file is encrypted . How do we update this ?

Thanks!