Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding File Content Conversion. File-> RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is File -> XI -> RFC,

I am able to update the records in R3 when i get a fixed length file with a single record.

RFC can process one record at a time (its 1 to 1 , its not 1 to unbounded),

May i know what are the changes to be done in the scenario to implement this existing interface to process a fixed length file contains a multiple records.

How to get RFC return messages when ever there is return message , as this is not the synchronous scenario.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanush

I understand that you dont want to make changes in the RFC,so it means that your RFC will be processing single record every time and while your file may have multiple records.

Now for this you may use BPM and break the multiple records into single record and for each record there would be an RFC call( which is going to reduce the performace though ).

Now for return message, if you are expecting an return message than it would be definitly a sync call on RFC side, so as mentioned in previous message you have to implement Async(For file) ->> Sync (For RFC) --> Async (To pass the retunr message)

Regards

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First you need to create a structure [SE12]

Once that is done, open the function module [SE37] and select the tab [Table].

Add a new parameter and for the Associated Type use the structure that you have just created.

Then reimport the RFC in XI.

I hope it helps.

Now, to make the RFC return messages you shall create a BPM.

Notice that this will be a Async -> Sync -> Async interface...

Basically your bpm steps will be like this:

Receive,

Transform if needed,

Syncronously Send and receive response,

Transform again if needed,

Send Asynchronously.

Take a look at the image in the link to have a better idea on the BPM setup

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251764026/bpmAsync2Sync2Async.JPG

(please, award points if usefull )

Edited by: Luis Melgar on May 9, 2008 9:39 PM

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have change the RFC to take table as an input instead of a single row. Then in your XI, import the RFC again and map the 1..unbounded node as needed. In order to get the response from RFC, you have to make the RFC sync and might want to write the results to another file. For this either you have to go with BPM (XI 3.0 < SP14) or use modules in the file sender channel to achieve this.

Search for SDN for the relavant info on this.. SP14 no BPM etc..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Thanks for your information, is it possible to do without changing RFC?

thanks

dhanush