cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price determination as per delivery date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a PO in which the PO is picking up the dalivery date as the current date. when i change the delivery date as some other date there is a message saying Delivery date changed (new price determination process may be necessary).. I worked with my ABAP guy and solved this problem and now the PO is not picking the current date.

Now, the user wants me to configure how to determine the Price for different delvery dates.

That is if i change the delivery date to some other how to check if the PO is picking the price determined by that delivery date.

I checked the info record and the validity date is 12/31/9999. and this is the message iam getting

Delivery date changed (new price determination process may be necessary)

Message no. 06484

Diagnosis

If the price determination date is the delivery date and other conditions are valid on the new delivery date than those that are valid on the old one, the price is no longer valid.

Procedure

If this is the case, and you wish to see the price that is valid as at the delivery date, carry out a new price determination process.

And u said to define on the basis of which Date of Price Determination system should select the price. where can i define the price determination for delivery date. This is the first time iam working on such issue of price determination.

Thanks,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U Can go for pricing scale at the time of VK11 and the system will take the price of the date on which u r doing delivery and billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

calculating price at the time of delivery is not a usual business practice. the reason for this is that you must agree on a price with the customer when you are taking the order (during sales order processing). of course, you can update pricing during processing of billing.

regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer

There is no relevance of pricing date with delivery date. For information, while creating sale order in VA01 after giving your sales area and execute, there is a field "Pricing Date" in Sales tab and the date will flow into this field by default the date on which you are creating sale order.

So irrespective of your delivery, your invoice pricing will be effective based on this field. Unless you change the date here, your pricing condition will not change, if you have a different pricing in VK11. Of course, you can also change the pricing date at item level for which click on "Goto -- Item -- Sales A".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sameer

In V/06 , go to the respective condition type details and there is a field Pricing date , by default it will be (KOMK-PRSDT)which means current date. from here the system will pick the pricing date. into the sales order

But i don't think pricing will be calculated on the basis on the delivery date. Just check.

But as you have integrated with Your ABAP'er, Just talk to him as he might have made any changes in the program

Regards

Srinath