cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations for CIFing a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any limitation to CIF a material to APO? I mean what are the prereqs to successful transfer of material from R/3 to APO, except Cifing the plant before materials.

Any thing or MRP group, type, etc....??

I am trying to CIF a material with strategy group 52 (Plnng w/o final assem. w/o make-to.stock) but the material is not CIFed and I don't see any thing in SMQ1 in R/3 or SMQ2 in APO... just wondering what might have happened.

MY CFC9 setting for Material Master Change Transfer is 2 (BTE Transfer, Immediately)

Thanks.

Edited by: Raj G on May 9, 2008 11:08 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

For an Initial Transfer of a Material, only the Location will need to be trasferred first.

Also, the CFC9 setting you had mentioned will be relevant for change transfers and not for an initial transfer.

What I think could be the problem is a Filter Condition for the Material which could have been set in CFM1, during Generation of Integration Model. It could be that that the Material was not taken into consideration at all during Generation/Activation of the Integration Model, and hence was not transferred.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharath Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Thanks for the reply. I can see the material in CFM2 in integration model details. I have just the material and plant selected inCFM1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Just have a quick check in R/3 Material Table MARC and check for the field APOKZ for the particular material at that Plant is set to "3". Else just re-do everything from scratch after deleting the material from active integration model using the transaction CFM6. and again doing the CFM1,CFM2 activities for the material.

Hope it helps

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to CFP1 and execute for products

there needs to be change pointer collection that has to be triggered somewhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the material is not included in any other integration model. To make sure, keep this material in a separate integration model and use program 'rimodini' to activate this new integration model.

If the above is not successful, try sending a new material with some strategy other than 52 to make sure other strategies are working.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use CFM5 and select your material and see if it is being picked up at all in the model

if it is then check if that model is active

if it is not being picked up check if there are other selections in the material master integration model - for eg its possible the planning is not set to X0 and X0 could be the only ones transferred to APO