cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let say ship to party A11 uses Fedex as forwarding agent, ship to party A12 uses UPS as forwarding agent.

How will system determine the forwarding agent in the sales document and where can i see this information?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want the system to determine the forwarding agent in the sales document dependent on the ship-to party.

In Customizing, you determine that the system determines the ship-to party first by accessing the master record for the sold-to party.

Then it accesses the ship-to party's master record to determine the forwarding agent.

• Please reward points for good answers as this would help increase the total donation that SAP will make to the United Nations World Food Programme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did customizing steps and after that created sales order & delivery.

In sales order, I don't see forwarding agent name.

In delivery, I can see forwarding name in partner function tab.

Is it correct?

Ajmal

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ajmal

The fwd agent comes into scenario at delivery level only.If you made proper configurations then it will come in delivery level

Hope this helps you

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

You configured system to access ship-to party's master record to determine the forwarding agent.

Deliveries are created with reference to ship to party. Hence at time of delivery creation, system accesses ship to party master record to determine forwarding agent.

In my opinion, it is correct to see forwarding agent at delivery stage only.

• Please reward points for good answers as this would help increase the total donation that SAP will make to the United Nations World Food Programme.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can see the information in the customer master record > sales area data > partners. Here you will find which FA is assigned. The same one is picked at the sales order level also. so if its two different FA's for two customer then the assignment is made as required.

Even incase there are two FA's to the same customer the system wil pop up both of them at the sales order level where you can select the required one.

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ajmal

First of all do partner determination for forwarding agent(FA) at customer master level.

Create a forwarding agent FA1 to fedex , FA2 to other company

Assigning of fwd agent to ship to party should be , only for those ship to parties you assign fwd agent FA1 which ships goods to fedex

In the same way assign FA2 to other ship to parties

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

thanks for your replies.

I created forwarding agents records. But i can't add it to my ship to party record. There is no partner function listed for forwarding agent.

Any help.

thanks

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ajmal

Have you done partner determination in the customer master record for the fwd agent partner function ?

If you have not done pls do and then create the customer master record and then assign fwd agent in the partner functions

let me know the status

Please reward points for good answers as this would help increase the total donation that SAP will make to the United Nations World Food Pro gramme

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on May 10, 2008 10:09 PM