cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run interface maually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Is there any way to run the interface manually on demand. Actually i recieves one file and XI picks that file and process the data in SAP on demand(whenever i want)

Regards

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

schedule ur file adpter when ever u want.

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its not like that. here we dont have any specific time. we want to process this data in CRM whenever we want. If we schedule this it will run on specifi times right?

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

I think manual interaction in picking up the source files is not possible. We can only configure the adapters by setting some specific times, so that adapter will poll as per the settings.

Anyway, for your requirement I can say you one thing. Ofcourse it might be silly, but my idea is to de-activate the CC and activate it whenever you want.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any way like once i pick the file from receiver and i can keep it in a queue so that whenever i want i can go to RWB select my interface and click send to send the message to the target.

Regards

Sowmya.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>i can keep it in a queue so that whenever i want i can go to RWB

You can hold the messages in BPM,but even there you need to give the time interval for how long you want to hold the messages.

Manual start/stop of channels is not advised.

Business is moving towards automation not backtracking towards manual interaction.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a different way on doing it - and it is a lot less memory intensive than using BPM.

Leave your file adapter to pick up files whenever they are placed in the polled directory. When they are received into CRM, write the relevant field contents to a "staging" table.

Write an ABAP program that process the content on this staging table. This can be run manually whenever required.

Just a thought.

Kind regards

Colin.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

we following same process in One interface..

but this one is not advisable as we facing many problems with the manual run of program everytime( i am trying to implement a triggering process for this )..

I Suggest do something in Source system or in CC ( dont follow start and stop process)..

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To alleviate any problems running the program manually, make sure it can only be run once at any one time using a lock object. Instead of allowing manual running of the program, it would be better to schedule a background job to run at a specified interval.

This is a tried and tested method and will not have any negative affects whereas BPM is well known to use a lot of memory.

What problems have you experienced using this method ?

KR.

Colin.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

As you said for background job for some specific interwel works fine but this program must run when ever we receive file from the source system..

when ever we receive file from source system into XI we have to check weather we received correct data or not then have to run program manually..

and if this is happening in the night times we need a person who can run the program manually...

In the second case everynight we need a resourse who can run the job manually.

for this we implemented a triggering process which can scheduled the job and sends the data to the target system....

I hope it will work well in my Live system as it is still in QA.

if you have any suggestion please advise me..

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got an idea for you.

1. When the file is processed into your SAP system, check the data is correct then if it is ok, store the data on a staging table and raise an event (one you define).

2. Create a background job that runs your processing program that is dependant on the event being raised (the same event you raise when a file is received in step (1)

This way the background job will only run when the event is raised.

Will this work for you ?

Thanks

Colin.

Edited by: Colin Bickell on May 12, 2008 10:51 AM

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Colin,

what i am doing is when ever they inserting a file into sorce system at the same time i am processing another file from the same system as event file and it stores into a table .

when the file stores into the table background job triggers the program and pushes the data to target system.

almost same as u said..but i am p[rocessing a anothere evnt file from source system...

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.

KR.

Colin.