Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InputField with search option

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

How to create and manage a InputField with Search option infront of it.

Please provide the steps to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,

Lakshmikanthaiah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal!!

Thank you one more time for your replies.

Maybe that is the problem..

I am working with web dynpro perspective, and i do not have Development Infrastructure Perspective in my Developer Studio..

Best Regards!

Iria

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry friends, not satisfied with the answers.

Infact there is no button or image displays infront of the InputField when search them in the Layout screen.

Eventhough the InputField has capability to display search list popup window when the page was getting executed.

I can send the screen shot if anybody interested to know my exact requirement.

Any hope.

Thanks and regards,

Lakshmikanthaiah

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Have u tried to Implement the value help or the table filter suggested by Nikhil.

Please throw some More Information on ur requirements .

Thanks and Regards

Fazal

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Can you please elaborate your question? What exactly you wish to search for, where the data is supposed to come from and other details...

Bye

Ankur

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

My requirement is as below (Explained with e.g.):

An input field proceded by a search image/button.

Clicking on search image/field should open a winow where user can provide the search criteria. The search list should list from R/3.

E.g. Venor Number or Purchase Order no.

Hope it is clear.

Thanks and regards,

Lakshmikanthaiah

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For ur requirements please follow the below Link for the value help.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/504540a4-fd0d-2a10-7c8e-c88289cf6457]

Thanks and Regards

fazal

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Yes I am very clear about your problem. The answer to your problem is not value help.

I have done such things before, and explaining would be difficult. Still let me try.

What you need here is a pop up. You need to implement a pop up window which opens up when the user clicks the button (placed in front of the input field). The text which the user fills should be passed as a mapped context parameter from one view to another i.e. from the parent view to the pop up view. Using the text, which acts as a search string, you need to write your code in the pop up view which will query the R/3 and bring the results. These results can now be shown in the pop up view.

Similarly there can be a button in the pop up clicking on which the pop up closes.

Tell me if you have understood the logic,and what help you need to achieve this.

Bye

Ankur

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can create value helps in the front-end by creating simple type and binding to input field.

in your case:

1) create another window which contains a table with filter

2) show the window in the onAction of button/image

refer:

Table Filter:

/people/kapil.kamble/blog/2006/12/21/how-to-get-ready-made-filter-for-your-web-dynpro-table-with-minimal-coding

nikhiL

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u are Requirements is about value help then please follow this link.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/504540a4-fd0d-2a10-7c8e-c88289cf6457]

Thanks and Regards

Fazal B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a simple type in your local project dictionary.

2. Add some enumeration values to this simple type.

3. Create a context in your view and set the type of this context to that of the simpletype(click on the ... button at the extreme right for the type property of your context.

4. Add an input field to your view and set its value property to the context created above,

5. Build, deploy and run your application.

Regards,

Murtuza