cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Communication Channel Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are trying to develop a file-to-Idoc scenario and we are facing some problems in the configuration of the sender file communication channel as far as the file format is concerned. The file, which is a material master file has the following structure:

00.00 FileHeader

30.00 Material n° 1

30.01 Material n° 1

30.00 Material n° 2

30.01 Material n° 2

30.00 Material n° n

30.01 Material n° n

99.00 FileFooter

Initially, I developed 4 datatypes, FileHeader, Record1, Record2 and FileFooter, and 1 datatype to incorporate all of these, but I faced trouble in 'Recordset Structure' attribute in communication channel, where "FileHeader,1,Record1,,Record2,,FileFooter,1" did not work.

After that I thought of creating one more datatype, called Record, with 0..* cardinality, that incorporates Record1 and Record2 with 1 cardinality.

Although I have declared them correctly as "FileHeader,1,Record,*,FileFooter,1" in 'Recordset Structure', I face trouble in the table with the attributes. What shall I use: I have Record1.fieldNames and Record2.fieldNames and fieldFixedLengths, but XI requires Record...

What you suggest?

Evaggelos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as the reply given by rinku, you have create the two record type in the source side recorsd1 and record2 so use the fiest for field as key filed value.

so u will be able to differentiate the records on the basis of key fieldd.

if u still face the problem please reply me back.

thanks

manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I guess there is no way to differentiate between the records with a single key, since a combination of fields is required.

Is there a way to declare 2 key fields for different datatypes, or to use a different key field for different data types ?

Other solution would be to create a single field that consists of the 3 fields so as to differentiate between the records: 00.00, 30.00, 30.01 and 99.00 (But I do not think that this is a good idea)

Evaggelos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your problem....

I actually didn't look at the key fields...properly..

You have said that when you had tried taking Record1 and Record2 in your structure you had problems...

I think the second way which you are trying would not work..!

Can you try this..I am not sure if it will work..

Have your structure as

MT

+Record

++Header

++Record1

++Record2

++Trailer

So your Recordset name would be :Record

RecordsetStructure would be Header,1,Record1,,Record2,,Trailer,1

and then all the other parameters like fieldNames,fixedFieldLength,keyFieldValue...for Header,Record1,Record2,Trailer

U might just try out with this

Regards,

Manjusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

/After that I thought of creating one more datatype, called Record, with 0.. cardinality, that incorporates Record1 and Record2 with 1 cardinality.*/

I don't think you need to do this..

If you just have Record ...

and then your CC would be

Header.fieldNames

Record.fieldNames

Trailer.fieldNames

and so on...

Regards,

Manjusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manjusha Nair ,

Thanks.

But each Record consists of 2 lines, each of which has a different structure (field names and length). So how am I supposed to declare all these fieldNames and fieldFixedLengths ?

You mean all in one ?

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope these blogs are very useful to you..

Sender -

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

Key value:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter -

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why have you taken two of these i.e Record1 and Record2??

Won't a structure like Header,Record,Trailer suffice..

where Record will be repeating for every line in your file...

Correct me if I have not understood your requirement correctly!

Regards,

Manjusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

while doing the FCC u can use the field fixed lenght for the header as 00.00

foter as 99.00

record1 as 30.00

record2 as 30.01

i think this will resolve ur issue.

if u still face the problem please reply me back.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rinku Gangwani

I am afraid I am not getting you. The problem is that 00.00 , 99.00, 30.00 and 30.01 which indicate the beginning of each record, consist of 3 fields, i.e. '00' '.' and '99'. So it is not clear which should be the key field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to use the key values which is 00 for header, 30 for details and 99 for trailer in the file adapter configuration.

Have u did the same configuration which is mentioned in the below weblog.

refer the below link:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

chirag