cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB Management Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed the NW Sneak Prewiew with a J2EE WAS and MaxDB running on Windows XP. I am trying to create a small Web Dynpro application working with a database table.

I created and deployed on my local WAS a Development Component of type "Dictionnary". This DC only contains the structure of my table.

Now I would like to check if the table has been created correctly when I deployed the DC, but I can't find how to monitor the content of my database : in SAP Management Console, you can administrate MaxDB (backup, recovery, etc.), but you can't see its content. I had a look on the filesystem in C:\usr\sap and C:\sapdb. There are lots of .exe but I couldn't find what I wanted : a graphic tool where you can manage your tables.

Does this exist for MaxDB ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Julien,

if you got no other message, your table clearly is on the DB. If you don't believe the system you can get the MaxDB Management tool (or any other JDBC Management tool) from their Website at http://www.mysql.com/products/maxdb/

BUT please never try to change anything from the console...

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

thank you for answering.

my Web Dynpro application is working. So it means the creation of the table is OK.

Thank you for the link, but I couldn't fine exactly how to intall the tool called SQL Studio. As far as I understand, it is supposed to be included in MaxDB installation package. But I guess the sneak preview I installed does not deliver the complete MaxDB because I couldn't find SQL Studio on my PC. And it seems this can't be installed separately.

Maybe there is a lighter tool (command line ?) I could test my queries with ?

Regards,

Julien

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

You can download just the SQL Studio client package from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/maxdb.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Julien

Answers (0)