cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control charts in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

May any body help me to explain control chart.Can we assign it only on Quantitaive characteristics or also on Qualitative.and what we need for developing a control chart.

Please explain in detail.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only do this on quantitative characteristicc. It would make no sense on qualitative charac.

In the MIC control indicators you must mark the chara as SPC characteristic. You must select sampling procedure.

You must create a sampling procedure and when creating it, specify it is to be used for SPC and select the type of SPC chart you want.

That's the basics.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear craig

thanks for replying

I have created a sampling procedure with fixed sampling 1 and Shewart chart X bar.

Created an insp. characteristic.

In the routing i assigned that characteristic on an operation and assigned that sampling procedure to it.

Now i have recorded many results in the QE71 for different identifications.and saved.

Now from where i can see the control chart for that characteristic.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You view the control chart usually from within the inspection lot. Select the charac and there should be charting button on the menu bar to click on.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig

I have checked in the same manner as u suggested but it gave the following error.

"Track 1 of the control chart does not contain any data"

Guide me

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pretty hard to guide you on that. I've never been very good with the SPC stuff... But basically the message is telling you that for the chart you selected, there isn't info for it. So select a different chart, or review the help infor for the functional module related to the chart you did select, (can be found in config), and have a statistican help explain what data your missing to complete the chart.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig

can u send me any helping documents regarding SPC.