cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes Domino Database Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to make a data connection to Lotus Notes. Does anyone have an example of how this is set up. The easiest way to show me would be to copy the the summary list under the data server option.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Chip,

an easy and reliable option is to use SAP NetWeaver PI (formerly XI) to access Lotus Notes databases.

NetWeaver PI enables a server-2-server communication as well as a client-2-server communication when you configure PI to expose Lotus databases as services.

There are many best practices available - also from SAP partners.

Regards

Michael

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best bet would be to use the Lotus ODBC driver and the OleDB UDS to communicate to the MII server. Their JDBC driver was horrible and unreliable.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the Lotus ODBC driver already located on our servers? Or do I have to download it from somewhere. Also, could you provide an example to how the driver and the URL would be set up. I think the URL will be similar to the SQL setup, but I have limited experience in this department.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm aware of a customer (Armstrong World Industries) that did this a long time ago (with the Lighthammer product), but it should still be technically possible. Jeremy Good on the MII team might recall how to do it.