cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIGGERING A PROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

HOW TO TRIGGER SERVER PROXY?HOW TO TEST IT?WHEN I PLACE MY FILE IN THE DIRCTORY,DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY GETS UPDATED AT RECEIVER SIDE AT R/3 R WE NEED TO EXECUTE THE REPORT AT R/3?

THANKS,

SOMU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somu,

Go through this nice Document..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30572c6a-d311-2a10-99ab-f646ec3b...

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Satya

sumesh_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your entire scenario (File to proxy) is complete, then you can directly test entire scenario by placing the file in the source directory and your inbound (server) proxy will be directly trigerred from XI via receiver XI adapter.

If you need to only test the server proxy, then

GOTO Sproxy transaction.

Select your message interface and double click on it.

Click on Execute button or press F8.

Enter your receiver payload and execute the server proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Triggering comes in to picture in client proxy,not in Server Proxy.

Yes when you place in server,it will be picked depends on correctness of the server.

At SAP R3 side first you need to generate a proxy using SPROXY transaction.

When we implement proxies in the sender R/3 system then it is called as client proxy and in the same way if we implement proxies at the receiver R/3 system then it is called as server proxy.

If the sender is SAP R/3 system and whose WAS >= 6.4 then we go for client proxy where our SAP system can directly sends data to XI system. In the similar fashion if the rcv system is R/3 and WAS>=6.4 then we can go for server proxy.

Execution of the FM or Program is done in Client proxy,not here

and Follow these doc,

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

Edited by: BVS on May 9, 2008 1:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

When you create a proxy it has a structure a class and a method created along with it.

In case of a client proxy you need to create a report in SE37 and call the method in it. logic will be in the report i.e to select the data from table.

In case of server proxy the logic is written in the method that is generated during proxy creation.

hence once the file is triggered it will atomatically trigger the proxy and the tables will be updated.

heres the link for server proxy.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ABAPProxy/page1.htm

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is a Client Proxy , then only we have trigger the Proxy Through Report.

In case of Server Proxy, when ever Xi Sends the data to SAP R/3 it Automatically Updates the Data

Regards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Server proxy is the proxy object for receiver system. It is triggered when XI sends message to it.

WHEN I PLACE MY FILE IN THE DIRCTORY,DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY GETS UPDATED AT RECEIVER SIDE AT R/3

This depends upon how well u configure it

WE NEED TO EXECUTE THE REPORT AT R/3?

No. It should be automatically executed

Regards,

Prateek