cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.1 Mobile - Endless activation of

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a question relating to NW Mobile 7.1 (SP04) !!!

Dear all,

I have a problem with the activation of a Distribution Rule.

In Transaction SDOE_WB I created a SWCV containing definitions about DOs and associations between them. Then I created another SWCV which uses the other one. Here I created a Distribution Model with a dependency and a ddistribution rule. Every check was fine and every activation made for these SWCV in the SAP-GUI were ok.

In a last step I had to activate the distribution rule in the Data Orchestration Engine:

Data Orchestration Engine Adminstration (in the webbrowser)

-> Administration

-> Distribution Rule Administration

-> Activate

The state changed from "Deactivated" to "In Progress". But that was yesterday and now it is still "In Progress". I suppose this is not ok.

The problem is by now that I cannot change the state of the Rule any more nor remove the corresponding Distribution Rule. In both cases I receive the message "Rule activation in progress".

Does anybody knows a way to abort this activation so I can work on ?

Thanks, Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately none could really solve our problem so we had to open an SAP-call to clean out database of the misbuilded entries.

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was going through your thread discussion and just wanted to add some points here.

1. As Wenonah mentioned, SDOE_RSM is not a supported transaction in SP04. If its present, probably its due to some mistake and should not be used.

2. When your rules are in Yellow state it means they are under activation state. The process of activation happens in background which can be monitored in SMQ2 transaction. You will see some queues which should ideally be running. When the queues run through successfully your rules get activated.

3. Now since your rules are not getting active the only possibility is that the queue is in error state/ your system does not have proper resource allocation for qRFC scheduler. Kindly check this. If you see any queues in error state then its better to try to resolve the error

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i got this error some time back when I try to activate the rule from the portal and it after that it always gives an error saying "rule activation in progress'.

So always the best place to activate the ruls is in the DOE system by going to transaction SDOE_RSM and then choose your rule and click on activate. It is the best place because you will know if any errors thrown during activation(does runtime generation also) so that we can fix or if no errors then it will activate and you can immediately see the status of rule changed to green by refreshing the screen.

And regarding your error, i doubt if some queue might be locked during activation from portal. So better go to transaction SMQ2 and see if there any entries in error or locked. Delete or run them and then try the above procedure.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Siva.

PS: Reward with some points if you find the post useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, contrary to what Siva Ram says, SDOE_RSM transaction is not used anymore. The rule activation/deactivation must be done through NWMA.

Did you try the Repair funtion for the rule? Select the Rule, and click on Repair, it will show you if any queues are in SYSFAIL. If the queue is in SYSFAIL, then check the reason for the SYSFAIL, if it is a syntax error, it could be that the generation was not triggered correctly, so you may have to do a regeneration.

Either way, try regenerating the DM once.

Regards

Wenonah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wenonah might be right with latest release but Iam not sure about the latest release but with SP04 what ever i have posted still holds good and the transaction SDOE_RSM still works. So you can try whatever i have replied.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answers.

Indeed I tried the "Repair"-function. But unfortunately I received a Runtime error

Error when processing your request 

What has happened? 
The URL http:// [.........]  /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/sdoe_administration/ was not called due to an error. 

Note 

The following error text was processed in the system MID : Exception condition "NO_GUID" raised. 
The error occurred on the application server SAPMID1_MID_00 and in the work process 9 . 
The termination type was: RABAX_STATE 
The ABAP call stack was: 
Function: MMW_RR_GET_GENERATEDNAME of program SAPLSMMW_RR_COMMON_NEW
Method: GET_RRQUEUES_FOR_RULE of program CL_MMW_RR_GEN_MD==============CP
Method: ONACTIONREPAIR of program /1BCWDY/03N7NJWXZ0QSY6ZEPUGG==CP
Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER of program /1BCWDY/03N7NJWXZ0QSY6ZEPUGG==CP
Method: INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP
Method: IF_WDR_ACTION~FIRE of program CL_WDR_ACTION=================CP
Method: DO_HANDLE_ACTION_EVENT of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP
Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP
Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW=================CP
Method: EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

When I look in ST22 I see that an ABAP Runtime Error occoured when trying to repair the Rule:

Runtime Errors         RAISE_EXCEPTION
Date and Time          09.05.2008 13:20:36
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Short text                                                                                |
|    Exception condition "NO_GUID" raised.                                                         |

|What happened?                                                                                |
|    The current ABAP/4 program encountered an unexpected                                          |
|    situation.                                                                                |

|What can you do?                                                                                |
|    Take note of the actions and inputs that lead to the error.                                   |
|                                                                                |
|    Contact your SAP administrator for further processing of the problem.                         |
|                                                                                |
|    Using transaction ST22 for ABAP short dump analysis you can see and                           |
|    administrate termination messages and retain them for a longer period.                        |

|Error analysis                                                                                |
|    A RAISE statement in the program "SAPLSMMW_RR_COMMON_NEW" raised the exception                |
|    condition "NO_GUID".                                                                          |
|    Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior                                         |
|    program, processing was terminated.                                                           |
|    Short description of exception condition:                                                     |
|    Guid not found                                                                                |
|    For detailed documentation of the exception condition, use                                    |
|    Transaction SE37 (Function Library). You can take the called                                  |
|    function module from the display of active calls.                                             |
|    -                                                                                |

What can I do now ?

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

I tried to activate the Distribution Rule of a new SWCV with transaction SDOE_and now I can say that it works in NW 7.1 SP04

But still I have the problem with the other SWCV for which rule-activation is "In progress" and which doesn't finish.

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try these options in the following sequence:

1. Regenerate the distribution model and then try to activate the rule

2. If (1) doesn't work then create a new rule if possible with same criteria as earlier and then activate this new one and delete the old one.

Usually the first option should work.

or

If possible delete the distribution model itself if none of them work and create a new one with same rule as you had earlier and then activate using the transaction sdoe_rsm.

Bit of tedious task but i know only these options.

Best Regards,

Siva.

PS: Reward with some points if you find my posts useful.