Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look up in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I have an IDOC -> FILE scenario. In the message mapping

there is a value coming from the IDOC segment field , for this value i have to perform the lookup in the abap table and get the value, which will be mapped to my target structure field.

Please tell me how the lookup has to be performed (detailed steps) for this scenario. will the scenario be like normal IDOC to file ?

Thanks

Vinod Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Ur scenario will remain same Idoc to file. But it will have RFC lookup in message mapping

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one please provide me the standard lookup code for this scenario with all the details?

The scenario is IDOC -> FILE where the lookup is performed in to the table for the value of IDOC field which returns two values after the lookup and mapps these two values to the two different nodes at the target side.

Edited by: vinod sharma on May 12, 2008 8:18 AM

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

How we have to create the lookups?

Check this weblogs with some screenshots on how to achieve this:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/06/optimizing-lookups-in-xi

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check the weblogs:

• RFC lookup using JCO (without communication channel)

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

• RFC lookup with communication channel.

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

https:/.../sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/f04b44aa-fe06-2a10-859e-82ad4965781d?startIndex=101

reward points if found helpfull

regards

chandra.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the following links.

RFC lookup is performed at runtime, since it is executed from the UDF in message mapping. Thus at runtime, call is made to R3 table and value is fetched.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

Regards,

pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Yes the scenario will be Normal only.

We have to use UDF in Mapping and use this UDF in between the Source and Target Fields

RFC Lookups

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

Regards

Seshagiri