cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sequence of shipment , delivery and PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a BW analyst and I am trying to understand the relationship between Shipment and delivery document and the sequence. Can some one please clarify if shipment document will be created after the creation of delivery document or before. Also can some one tell me if the PGI date be indicated in the Shipment document.

Regds

tanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the business cycle requires that the delivery be created first before the shipment is created. the delivery or deliveries are then assigned to the shipment.

however, it is possible in SAP to create a shipment first, then save this initially without further processing. deliveries are then created at a later date, and these are included in the shipment in 'change' mode.

post goods issue can be configured so as that, as an example, the system will prompt the user to pick and post goods issue at the 'shipment completion' phase of shipments processing.

hope this is a helpful addition to what the others have said.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A shipment note is created only after the creation of delivery. I hope that there is a way where shipping costs loaded in teh shipping notes can be transferred to the delivery document. Once this is done, the delivery can be invoiced with the shipping costs too.

Hope this helps you

Pls reward if it helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Shippment is generated after delivery saved and not before that . Infact it is created with the reference of delivery document .

In our cases we do even after billing got generated .

saravanan

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SHIPPING is a Process and it includes different activities like

Delivery

Picking

Packing

PGI (Post Goods Issue)

Thanks,

Ravi