cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DVDs errors related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have export DVDs of blank ERP 6.0 & IDES ERP 6.0.

First I copy export DVDs to HDD, then I make ERP installation using the source in HDD.

Next times, when I make another ERP installation using the source of export DVDs in the HDD that I copied before, I often facing error related to the source of export. If I copy the export DVDs to overwrite the source in the HDD and then retry the installation, I can pass the error.

I face this kind of error many times. It makes me feel that every time I make ERP installation, I have to copy the export DVDs to HDD first.

Anyone used to face this kind of error? Any solution?

P.S.

I copy export DVDs to HDD using a resumable copy tool or using windows explorer.

Thanks,

Toan Do

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try to download the export dvds on local disk since may be issue of improper copy or damage of file.

If problem still exists then download the export files from SAP Marketplace.

Regards,

Rohit Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What I mean is that maybe some files of export DVDs in the HDD have error after a considerable amount of time (some weeks, months).

It doesn't relate to the folder name w/o space or other sources needed to be copied to HDD (DB DVD, Installation Master DVD, Kernel DVD, ...).

No one has ever faced this issue?

Toan Do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of copy only export media, copy all the media like export, database, instalaltionmaster, dtabase etc from dvd to hdd.

Create separate folder or drive for the same.

and start the instalaltion master from the HDD itself.

And when it ask for the path of export DVD then mentioned path of export media from HDD.

Reward points if issue solve.

Regards,

Rohit Mehta

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats odd.. the only tip i can give you is not to use any blanks on the directory name in windows.... beside that this is quite wierd.

Regards

Juan