cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lockbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi can any one tell me about lock box...

thanks

sadaa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sadaa,

this is not the right forum. post it in fi.

even though not to discourage u i am posting it for you.

Lockbox Processing

The basic operation of a lockbox system is fundamental to large businesses but is almost transparent to those without some knowledge of corporate treasury operations. The objective of a lockbox operation is to have the customer remit a payment check to a local post office box to minimize mail transit time. The checks are processed by the bank on a daily basis and the funds collected are usable by the receiving business much quicker than with the traditional process. The illustration below shows the basic operation of the lockbox and how SAP fits in.

http://academic.uofs.edu/faculty/gramborw/sap/lockbox.htm

Using the Lock Box Files in SAP FI

I was trying to learn & experiment with using the lock box. However, I don't have any sample files that I can upload and see if it works. Does anyone have any sample bank files and any material that I can use. It would really help me undestand the procedure.

Lockbox is a process provided by a bank where the customer remits his payment to a PO Box at your bank, the bank deposits the check in your account and enters the remittance data from the customer. Then the bank sends the data to you electronically for you to import and apply in SAP-AR.

The structure that the bank uses is usually one of two formats. BAI will provide you the customer information and the check amount but no invoice remittance data. Usually cheaper and works well for a business where customers are paying only one invoice at a time.

BAI-2 offers remittance data but the bank charges more for the service because they have to enter more info.

Look at structures FLB** to see the transfer data.

When the bank sends the customer payment data you use Treasury function FLB2 to import and then process the payments. This process attempts to determine where to apply the payment and will post directly against an invoice, an account to a customer or if it can't even determine the customer it posts into a clearing account (configured) to be resolved.

thanks

karthik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sada,

see this link

help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/75/aee1e4c19011d295f500a0c9426c73/content.htm - 10k -

thanks

sagar