cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW-XI-CNT Certification, is it the good choice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Quite new to SAP and XI, I would appreciate your views and comments on the following.

Our company has a multiservices system based on chipcards. It includes the possibilities to charge Cost Centers or personnal account for services used, or access to building, etc.

My job is to get an interface with SAP certified. My firsts analyses tend to choose the XI-CNT for the certification scenario with the integration scenarios described bellow. Our system already have a interface using XML and we have the XSD, I taught therefore it would help with XI.

Integration Scenarios:

IS_create_person: when a new employee in created in SAP-HR we want the first name, last name, birthdate, employee number, addresse, date/time of creation and also maybe some fields specific for each customer.

IS_update_person: when one of the fields specified in create_person is changed in SAP, we want the modification be forwarded to our system

IS_delete_person: when an employee is deleted in SAP (leaves the company) we want to desactivate everything in our system (archive it)

IS_create_cost_center: when a new cost center is created in SAP, create it in our system with name and ID used in SAP

IS_delete_cost_center: when the cost center is closed/deleted in SAP, we want it closed in our system.

IS_link_person_to_cc: linking a person to a cost center and granting her to charge that cost center

IS_unlink_person_to_cc: removing the link previously created.

IS_pay_personnal_expenses_from_salery: this scenarios is to be able to let the expenses made by someoneduring a month in our system be deduced from his payroll at the end of the month

That's the context, let's go to questions where you could help me:

- Would you recommend the XI-CNT for such integration scenarios ?

- Have you any particular recommendation for those IS? I have been told that SAP sends the modification of a data (e.g. name) at the moment when it is entered in the system, with validity dates (e.g. NewName -because of mariage- from the next moth on) and not when the data is to be updated, does someone know how to address that, our system doesn't have such notion for fields like personal data.

- We might also want to add a IS for exporting all the selling transactions to SAP (BW), would you include something in our XI-CNT or do you think we would need to do a BW-CNT (we have for now an extraction from BW of the data in our database using DBCONNECT)

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Greg.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had the answer via ICC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an extract from an email answer from Christoph Claus from the ICC I had a email exchange with:

"

Dear Gregorio,

the XI Content certification scenario is the correct choice, if you want to connect your system with SAP Backend system through the XI Integration Server to exchange data (e.g. material master, customer master, ...). XI comes with several technical adapters, so that you can communicate with XI via XML, SOAP, file, ...

You could find a high-level flashbook presentation here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9fb46d06-0901-0010-f899-f354...

Please don't get confused, the flashbook is a bit older, and it's no longer necessary to deliver an additional EP-BP certification to become "Powered by SAP NetWeaver". A certified XI content package qualifies for "Powered by" standalone.

"

As I had no other answers here, I close the question.