Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table for authorisation object maintainence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can anyone please tell me if there is any table where I can come to know about the values that I can maintain for a certain object.i.e if I have a non-sap std object Z_ABC which has been created then what all values I can maintain in this object? Which is the table in R/3 which can provide me this information?

In anticipation of your reply. Thanks in advance.

Best Regds,

Suyog!!!

8 REPLIES 8

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AUTHX shows you the fields, column CHECKTABLE should give an idea in which table you'll find the possible entries.

If checktable is not maintained you'll have to go through the sourcecode of th eprogram in which your object is called......

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hello Suyog,do you mean the authorization fields?

-->Transaction SU20

b.rgds, Bernhard

former_member1061482
Participant
0 Kudos

The fields in a Z auth object depends on the functinality for which you are creating the object.

As per Jurien's comment, you can refer to table AUTHX for all the field names.

If any of the fields in your auth object has an org level value, then you can refer to table USORG_DB.

If you want to create a new auth field, use tcode su20.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If You are using SAP delivered field in your custom auth. Object, then you can get the permitted values/ input help for the field from SU20 or from anywhere(roles/profiles,etc) by F4 the field in ur object because SAP maintains the permitted values for the data element.

And if your field is also a custom one then check with the value ranges maintained for the Domain/Data Element by ur developer.

And if your developer had huge set of values probably he might have maintained the value table for the data element, from where you can see the desired values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check table tobj. All the fields in the object are in the this table.

Harinder

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your response,but my requirement was to know what are the possible values that can be maintained for a particular field in a specific object. I have the object,I have the field-the customer wants us to maintain a particular value in that field,but the system is not allowing us to maintain the same.

The customer wants us to maintain a value containing 5 characters and the value has been restricted to three characters. Can you tell us how to see what are the possible values that can be maintained for the particular field.

In anticipation of your reply. Thanks...

Best Regds,

Suyog!!!

0 Kudos

Have you pressed F4 in the field in the role? Depending on the field it may return a list of options.

0 Kudos

Hi Suyog,

display the field in question in SU20 (start SU20, search for the fieldname, position the cursor on the field and press 'display'.

You will see now, how this field is defined. Depending on its data element, the domain definition indicates, how long the field is. If it is defined with character 3, of course it is not possible to enter 5 characters.

Also the developers have the possibility to enter a serch help for that field in that definition. So if the object contains a field with only 3 characters, this object cannot be used for puroses, for which 5 characters for that field are necessary.

Solution: create a new object with an appropriate field (if necessary create that field first). Adapt the coding for checking that new object.

I hope, this helps a bit....

b.rgds, Bernhard