Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change local PO data on creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

SRM 4.0, extended classic scenario.

I have a situation where I need to work around the standard currency determination in SRM because it really doesn't make any sense - long story involving an OSS message raised in December 2007 and still not finished...

Anyway, I have managed to change the backend PO currency on creation, but how can I change the local SRM PO on its creation? I have used BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and the PO method, but this is too late - this only takes effect when I go to Process Purchase order and choose Change on the existing PO. I need to make sure that I myself can control the currency already at PO creation (again the local PO), but how would I do this? Is there a BAdI for local PO creation or a FM that could be used for this?

Thanks for info.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How about changing the currency in SC itself through the badi "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI"?

Also the CHANGE badi is called during all the 3 modes,,i.e. creation,change,display.So changing the Currency in the CHNAGE badi should work for you.I dont see any other way to change the LOCAL PO data.

BR,

Disha

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have changed the currency in the SC itself because the SC is infact in a different currency from the local PO. According to my SAP OSS the currency in the SC really doesn't make any different as to which currency will be chosen in the PO nor the local PO - this gets redetermined and taking the vendor's BP data into consideration. This type of logic doesn't make any sense at all, so therefore I need to be able to control the currency in the local PO on creation time.

According to SAP: No matter which currency and purchasing org/purchasing group within the SC, these data will always be redetermined at PO creation and the SC's data are not taken into account. I find this very hard to believe...

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if this BADI can help you, BBP_CHANGE_DEFAULT.

Regards, IA