Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions related to receiver determination and Business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a few questions :

1. Is it possible to do receiver determination through configured receiver condition, where I want to route my message to one of the 2 Business services based on the Input given to XI from Properties file ( the Source IDOC doesnt hold any value .... in XI this will be available from properties file)

I know I can do it with Enhanced Receiver determination. But just wondering if there is any other easy ways of doing with standard receiver determination.

2. If I use enhanced receiver determination, how does it have performance compared to standard Receiver determination?

3. I have SQL server and Oracle server in my SLD. What are the advantages / Disadvantages of using them as Business system in my scenario rather than Business service?

Regards,

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is it possible to do receiver determination through configured receiver condition, where I want to route my message to one of the 2 Business services based on the Input given to XI from Properties file ( the Source IDOC doesn’t hold any value .... in XI this will be available from properties file)

I know I can do it with Enhanced Receiver determination. But just wondering if there is any other easy ways of doing with standard receiver determination.

U can do with standard Receiver determination. You have to declare two receivers. For each receiver in conditions we have to specify conditions.

2. If I use enhanced receiver determination, how does it have performance compared to standard Receiver determination?

u did not have any performance issues if you use enhanced receiver determination or standard Receiver determination.

3. I have SQL server and Oracle server in my SLD. What are the advantages / Disadvantages of using them as Business system in my scenario rather than Business service?

We will use business system when we know exact details (ie host name etc) or when we use R/3 as sender or receiver.

There is no advantages / Disadvantages of using them as Business system or business service.

Regards,

pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have 2 recievers. how do I put the configured condition receiever condition that will pick up the value from the properties file and route the receiver? What is the conditon and how do I place it?

2. i have 2 DB in my SLD, but I am creating a product targeted to n customer. What is it advicable? to use Business system or Business service?

regards,

nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how do I put the configured condition receiver condition that will pick up the value from the properties file and route the receiver

Conditions will specify based on a fields in payload.ie context objects or Xpath elements.

i think this information will help you.

You also have the option of specifying the conditions to be applied when forwarding a message to the receiver(s) in a receiver determination.

Generally, a condition relates to the contents of a message; if a specified condition is fulfilled for a particular payload element (the corresponding element has a certain value, for example), then the message is forwarded to the specified receiver(s).

● If you want to specify a new condition for forwarding the message to a receiver, in the table in the Display/Edit Receiver Determination editor in the Configured Receivers frame, choose Insert New Condition () and call the condition editor by using the input help ().

● If you want to specify a new condition for forwarding the message to multiple receivers, in the table in the Display/Edit Receiver Determination editor in the Configured Receivers frame, choose Insert Line After Selection ( ) and call the condition editor by using the input help ().

In the condition editor, you can select an element from the message payload and specify a value with which the value of this element is to be compared at runtime.

2. I have 2 DB in my SLD, but I am creating a product targeted to n customer. What is it advisable? To use Business system or Business service?

I prefer to go Business system.

Regards,

Pradeep.

Edited by: Pradeep Amisagadda on May 9, 2008 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Pradeep,

I know you can do it with the help of Receiver determination.

My Question is I want to choose it based on the input from Properties file, not from Payload.

Can I do it with X-path code?

any one did such solution without usage of Multi mapping?

regards,

Nikhil