cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I belive that many of you have lots of experience in MDM and have been worked as a MDM Consultant.

So could you please share your experience that mean what is your role and what type of works you have done as a MDM CONSULTANT.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello pappu,

As explain above are the practical requirement that every MDM consultant should know.

MDM in general a simply a technology to provide consistent, comprehensive core information across an enterprise. SAP has brought in its MDM is tool that seats in information integration layer of SAP NeatWeaver architecture. SAP MDM not only support SAP's SOA architecture but also can integrate with other non SAP systems.

Thus it is not possible for any person to have a knowledge of each & every system that SAP MDM supports. But to have a good knowledge of these systems along with a good understanding of a difference between a transaction data & Master data will make u a good MDM consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Could you explain clear about tranzsaction data and Master data?

What is the major role in this part for SAP MDM consultant?

Regrads,

Surendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master data: Data that remains unchanged over a long period of time e.g. data about Customer, vendor, material etc. This data is usually shared accross modules. this is usually a client level data.

Transactional data: Day to day transactions which are recorded, relating to customer, vendor,  material etc are known as Transaction data e.g.  Purchase orders, invoice, sales order etc.

An MDM system would hold the Master data relevent to all the companies in an organization (client level data)

Regards,

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thank you.

Regrads,

Surendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply. Whether a person working as a MDM Consultant should know integration with diff. system like R/3 MDM Integration, EP MDM integration.

If I want to get a job which area I have to emphasized? What have you mentioned earlier is sufficient to get a job?

Thanks

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You require MDM Skill to become an MDM Consultant.

Job of MDM Consultant is to:

1. Create users, Assign roles to those users.

2. Create ports through which data can be imported/exported.

3. Create Remote Systems from where you will take data.

4. Data Modelling in Console.

5. Import of Data through Import Manager

6. Do all the cleansing, transformation, enrichment, matching n merging of records etc. in data manager

7. Syndication of data to various Remote Systems through Syndicator.

8. Creating Workflows to manage various tasks or steps to be executed by various users.

No need of gathering XI knowledge for integration for MDM consultant.

But knowing integration with diff. system like R/3 MDM Integration, EP MDM integration is added advantage for you...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

MDM is just like a one data base imagine like that, we can store the DATA in mdm, Now a days organizations investing lot money to maintain DATA, MDM Provides good features to consolidate the Data, Harmonize the DATA, if you are coming from Btech Computers Back ground in DBMS we read about normalization concepts about data base..in MDM also similar...

We maintain Customer information,Product information.....with out duplicate data...

No need to learn about Middle ware..Moreover i am XI Back ground, I am working on R/3-XI-MDM

DBMS-XI-MDM integration...

If you want to get job in MDM .start learning MDM, its very Hard to find MDM consultants , Market point of view no idea, But MDM is really good...

You can built your career....

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An MDM developer in an SAP MDM implementation will perform the following tasks:

• Data modelling-Modelling of the data in the MDM repository based on the source system

• Creating roles and users with proper authorization

• Creating validations,assignments as req in MDM

• Importing the source file and creating reusable maps

• Deciding the governance on maser data through MDM work flows

-Syndicating the req fields back to the target systems

• Mainly solving all the challenges one faces while performing the above tasks.

In Implementation of MDM point of view

1)Functional people will gather the requirement of MDM , and about client Bussines information, why he is preferring to SAP MDM,

Based on functional information preparing functional documents, it will gibe the whole picture about data like its Customer data or Product Data...

2) Then we start working on MDM.initially we prepared Technical Document , In that we mention about how we are getting data like middle ware like XI using to transfer the data?? or directly interacting to SAP or non-sap systems.

Preparing Data model , and XML Shema.

I hope its useful to you.. i am XI consultant, Now a days i started working on MDM.

Regards,

Raj