cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About REL&CNF Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deal friends here,

I've got a problem which I cannot really figure out or know why.

When we need to Realse or Confirm an activity,we usually use the t-code cj20n,here we can rel or cnf activities,networks and wbs from the low level to the top level.Like a WBS has a network,and the network has an activity;We can firstly REL or CNF the activity,then the network and finally the wbs.

But using CN22,when I try to rel or cnf a activity,the system informs me that the wbs has not been realesed yet.Does that mean if I want to make some status change on the low level,the top level should have already been set that status?

What should I do if I want to use CN22 just like cj20n?Or is there any other way which I can REL and CNF objects from the low level to the top level?Coz we should keep the usage the cj20n under control within a certain department.

thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For confirming the activity , the WBS must be released first.

After that, you can confirm the activity either in CJ20N or CN22.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Acturally no!

With cj20n,we can rel or cnf activity while wbs has not been realsed or confirmed yet,and I think this is logical.When not all the activities and networks have been setted,wbs is PREL or PCNF,After all the activities and networks have been setted,the wbs is setted automatically to REL or CNF。

Edited by: Leo Zheng on May 9, 2008 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system behavior is correct. When you release & confirm activity in CJ20N, please note that the WBS status changes to PREL ie partially released that is why confirmation is allowed.

Whereas in CN22, WBS is not available for status change and hence you cant proceed with confirmation.

Hope this clears ur doubt.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh,I see...THX

But how could I solve the prolem?

We set different network types for different sections of the company in order to make the limits of authority of changing the projects' contents which they are not responsible of .But they should realse or confirm their own networks and activities.

Edited by: Leo Zheng on May 9, 2008 11:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could control the authorisation based on Person responsible field in WBS.

Reward points if useful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the control , you can use User statuses . You can create an authorization key and assign it to the relevant user statuses. In this way you can define that certain user statuses can be changed only by a specified employee group.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the networks and activities are in the same WBS。The premise is now we could not talk about changing the structure of the projects.

PROJECT

WBS

NETWORK

ACTIVITY

ACTIVITY

ACTIVITY

NETWORK

ACTIVITY

ACTIVITY

NETWORK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

1. Give authorisation of CJ20N to project manager/person responsible.

2. Create Networks in WBSE and lock all of them.

Edit->Status->Lock->All: Perform this in CJ20N for all networks.

3. Project manager will unlock first network to be executed and release the first activity in CJ20N. This will set WBSe status to partially released.

4.On release of first activity network can be handed over to CN22 team. This procedure shall be followed for rest of the networks.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign different Status Profiles to different networks.You can keep same transaction control in these status profiles as you want to define that the network can be changed only by a specified employee group

To achieve this , you can create an authorization key and assign it to the relevant user statuses in that Status Profile.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

How could it be possible that the status of the activity/network changes from lock to unlock can lead to the WBS status changing from CRTD to PREL?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That could be a possible way,but it still means that we should give the T-Code CJ20N to different Parts;However the project structure is so complicated that we donot wanna that happen.

Edited by: Leo Zheng on May 12, 2008 1:30 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use T Code CJ20 as 'other way'

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

CJ20 is the same to CJ20n,everyone can make changes to the projects which they should not do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

The earlier solution wont suit in following cases:

1. you are assigning multiple networks to single WBSE.

2. you assign activities of single network to multiple WBSE.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,Unfortunately,I'm in situation 1