Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Budget Report S_ALR_87013558 shows negative available amount

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We activated Availability control in our Project System. We created a project, WBS elements, network activities. Then setup the budget (WBS level) then release the budget. Purchase requisitions were made to PO items, some were receipted and some are still in Commitment. We also added the cost for Travel and Accomodation but haven't posted any actual cost for these network activities. Then when I generated S_ALR_87013558 the budget available amount shows a negative balance.

I already run CJEN to reconstruct the table, CJBN to recontruct the availability control balance but it still generating the same negative available balance.

We setup our tolerance limit to raise an error once the budget reached 100% but in this case it should already been triggered before reaching zero but it didn't happen.

thanks

sunil

Any solution for the problem is greatly appreciated.

From this going forward any cost that need to be added to the project triggers the error message BUDGET EXCEEDED! it supposed to been triggered before the negative available amount on the report was reached.

The report show that I have an amount presented on the following columns:

ACTUAL

COMMITMENT

REMORDPLAN

ASSIGNED

I already checked the individual network activities to checked if the balance showed in the RemOrdPlan is correct using the formula REMORDPLN = MAX(0, PLAN - (Actual+Commitment)) and it is consistent with the amount presented in the report.

I will give points to anyone who'll shed light on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are multiple levels of WBS Elements (say 4 levels), and budget is distributed up to 2 levels, but third & 4th level WBS Elements incurred some costs, in reports u'll see actual costs against 3rd & 4th level WBS Elements, but available budget against those 3rd & 4th level WBS Elements wud be shown as negative since there is no budget distribution against those particular WBS Elements. The amount will be consumed from corresponding 2nd level WBS Element.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Formula for Available = Budget - Assigned

and Assigned = Actual + Commitment + Remaining Order Plan

Check the values using these formula's. If you've already done CJEN/CJBN values shown in report should be correct.

Reason for not triggering the error could be many, check areas mentioned in below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/bb/e4a63730d5432ce10000009b38f842/content.htm

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know your tolerance limit (especially target group), budget and assigned values in report.

Regards

former_member214272
Contributor

Hi Shrikant,

--> Tolance Group ++ i.e. all activity Group

--> usage 100 %

thanks

sunil