Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Budget Report S_ALR_87013558 shows negative available amount

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We activated Availability control in our Project System. We created a project, WBS elements, network activities. Then setup the budget (WBS level) then release the budget. Purchase requisitions were made to PO items, some were receipted and some are still in Commitment. We also added the cost for Travel and Accomodation but haven't posted any actual cost for these network activities. Then when I generated S_ALR_87013558 the budget available amount shows a negative balance.

I already run CJEN to reconstruct the table, CJBN to recontruct the availability control balance but it still generating the same negative available balance.

We setup our tolerance limit to raise an error once the budget reached 100% but in this case it should already been triggered before reaching zero but it didn't happen.

Any solution for the problem is greatly appreciated.

From this going forward any cost that need to be added to the project triggers the error message BUDGET EXCEEDED! it supposed to been triggered before the negative available amount on the report was reached.

The report show that I have an amount presented on the following columns:

ACTUAL

COMMITMENT

REMORDPLAN

ASSIGNED

I already checked the individual network activities to checked if the balance showed in the RemOrdPlan is correct using the formula REMORDPLN = MAX(0, PLAN - (Actual+Commitment)) and it is consistent with the amount presented in the report.

thanks

sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some ideas :

1st. Try to check the history when the AVAC activated. It could be AVAC activated after PR/PO created.

2nd. Try run cj31. Compare the value there with the report S_alr_**** . If the value is not match , you should apply some notes. It could be your AVAC not working properly.

3rd. In order to prevent any futher issue for another project. Try to CJBW, CJEN and CJBN, for all projects (one time only). Put some budget on it. Next step do background schedule (CJEN after that CJBN) let say for weekly for all projects.

Hope can give you some ideas.

Cheers,

Nies