cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling a webservice from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to frequently poll a webservice to trigger SAP jobs?

I want to configure XI to poll a webservice, e.g. every 5 seconds, and generate some IDOCs out of the returned data. Usually the information is pushed into the SAP system but this webservice simply provides the information, it is passive.

Is such a scenario possible and how?

Thanks

Haug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI cannt poll data from webservice. There is no such facility for SOAP adapter.

Instead change your scenario as follows.

File>Webservice>IDOC

File Adapter channel should poll some dummy data which has nothing to do with your scenario. Set Processing mode to "Test". Give polling interval according to your requirement.

And in the mapping from File to Webservice hardcode the values for your Webservice request structure.

But the only drawback is you need to do this scenario in BPM as receiver is IDOC and IDOC cannt haveEJB modules(e.g., request and response beans) as it runs on ABAP stack.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to frequently poll a webservice to trigger SAP jobs?

No. XI cant poll a webservice. As such it doesnt seem to be much logical.

but this webservice simply provides the information, it is passive.

At sender usually the webservice does not reside. Rather a soap client is present at sender which sends the data to XI. Now for ur requirement u should schedule the posting of data from SOAP client.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this link,

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I don't understand these threads. They all use JDBC but I want to use a webservice. What's the relation between JDBC (database) and the webservice I want to poll?

I simply want to call a webservice to retrieve e.g. the prices of banana and if the price is below x I want to issue an order in the SAP system. This sounds like an hello world example for webservice usage to me and I see no database in this example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write an ABAP program that is scheduled at your required interval to initiate the Web Service request via PI and process the response from the Web Service via PI back to SAP.

ABAP program calls synchronous ABAP proxy <-> PI <-> SOAP adapter then processes the response by create IDOCS.

The whole process can be synchronous - it is pretty easy.

Cheers

Colin.

Edited by: Colin Bickell on May 12, 2008 9:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with these

Polling based upon availability

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

REgards

Seshagiri