Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in the File Handling front and facing problem in

making some fields as read only while Exporting ALV data to excel file

Please Suggest me solution ...............

Regards,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You want to the fields to be read-only in Excel after the export? That is not possible. The XSLT used to transform the data into Excel format is not extensible not does it currently support this functionality. Perhaps you might want to consider using the Office Control instead of the ALV. It is certainly more challenging to program for, becuase you have to generate the Excel content stream yourself, but this would give you a greater level of control that you seem to be looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Very much thanks for your replies and

I need one clarification, when ever the Export button is triggered ALV data is supplied in the form of XML.

How to capture the xml data of ALV ?

Here i want to see the xml data of ALV so that i will write simple transformation(xml) for converting to as desired

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Surya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't believe that the data in question or the processing logic is exposed to the outside. It all happens within the SALV* components. You would have to look inside there to find the logic. I'm afriad that to export the data out of those components, you would have to change them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just curious.. seeing the requirement that needs to export to Excel with read only format

mmh... just to share, don't know it is related or not..

I have a requirement before to export to excel after some logic generating report and inside the Excel XML file generated, there are some cells are not editable (i.e.: read only).

I played around with XML tag for Excel, (i.e.: something like read only = '0'), mixed with protected excel sheet (of course, pre-define first, so I can have the template).

So, the web dynpro report needs only to populate the pre-defined report with selected data.

And, the result, I can control which cells can be populated by user, which cells cannot be populated.

Hopefully this helps.. 😛

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link.

Regards,

Muneesh Gitta.