cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI and BAPI Wrapper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the difference between a BAPI and a BAPI Wrapper in detail.

I would also like to know the procedure to create the various types of BAPI Wrappers- Getlist, GetDetail, Create, Modify and Delete.

regards,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Conceptually, BAPIs and BAPI wrappers are the same. BAPI wrappers, like BAPIs also must have a standard interface. THey are also RFC enabled FMs and like BAPIs they can comprise of the backend applciation business logic. They can also comprise of calls to Web services.

You can easily create BAPI wrappers - GETLIST, GETDETAIL, CREATE, MODIFY and DELETE from the DOE workbench (SDOE_WB transaction) using the BAPI wrapper wizard, available under the Utilities menu.

Once you create the BAPI wrappers, you can compare them with BAPIs and you will see that they are the same. Of course this is under the assumption that you are using MI 7.1.

You do not need specific OO knowledge for creating BAPI Wrappers.

Regards,

Wenonah

Edited by: Wenonah Jaques on May 9, 2008 7:44 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Conceptually BAPI and BAPI Wrappers are the same, but bapi wrappers follows some rules, in the data object modeling of DOE, all the bapi wrappers should have the same structure and the import parameters of the bapi wrappers should have the field of the same structure etc.., the above link is very useful to make it understand easily.

Regards,

Eswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The following link will help you out. It describes the rules for an ABAP function module to be a BAPI wrapper.

https://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/appdev/smartsync/bapi_wrappe...

Regards,

Sahidur

P507709
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the link about BAPI Wrapper. Hope this solves u r problem. reward if usefull.

https://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/appdev/smartsync/what_is_a_b...

Regards

Durgaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga Prasad,

I also want to know the exact differece between a BAPI and a BAPI wrapper.

Do we need to know the object oriented ABAP knowledge to create BAPI wrappers?

regards

Sunil