cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe to webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SDNers,

i have created one interactive form with 2 input fields and one push button in web dynpro views.Below that i created 2 input fields.

now my requirement is if i enter some values in the 2 input fields and press the button then that two values will come to the below input fields.

i need the coding part or where will i write the coding.

Reward sure for helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

For the problem, the submit button of Adobe form can be found at tab "Web Dynpro ActiveX" of Library window (Menu Menu Palettes -> Library).

Please reward points if helpful!

Best regards!

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Because of my mis-understanding, I gave the wrong solution.

To my understanding, context binding and "SAP submit button" must be helpful for your problem.

First, when you create interactive form in webdynpro, just bind a context node, under which two context attributes exist, to the adobe form, then associate these attributes to input fields of adobe form separately.

Second, within generated adobe form, just find a "SAP submit button" and put it on the form. (Becuase I now cannot access any SAP system, I cannot give you precise name of this adobe control, which is delivered by SAP. ).

The "SAP submit button", as mentioned above, can trigger a event, which you can find in property of webdynpro UI element - "Interactive Form". Just write your code for this action!

Best regards!

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shu,

thanks for ur valuable suggestions.

i have done everything what u suggested.

since i am new to web dynpro and java script/form calc ,

i have struck up with the coding part.i dont know where and how to write the coding.

In the sap submit button event, the following code is generated.could u tell me how to manipulate it?

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 705.20051114114126.253659.250577 - SubmitToSAP.xfo

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

You do not have to code anything for the problem.

I describes the procedure as follows:

1) Create a webdynpro component, together with a window and a view.

2) Create a context node; then two context attributes (e.g. of type string) under it. (later, the contenxt node will be bound to adobe form interface)

3) Put to the view a new UI element of type InteractiveForm, and specify necessary attributes in property table:

displayType - activeX

enabled - checked

templateSource - (any name)

4) Click ENTER key or double-click the property templateSource, you will be prompted with creation of new adobe form: specify a name for adobe form interface and then click context button to associate it with context node, which was created in step #2.

5) In the layout designer for new adobe form, drag-and-drop two fields from Data View (menu Palettes->Data View) to the layout, then you will have two input fields. For simplicity, do not change anything.

6) In the layout designer for new adobe form, drag-and-drop a submit button to the layout. Also, do not do any change!

7) At the Properties tab for adobe form designer, specify 'S' for the field "Layouttyp".

😎 Return to webdynpro view, create two input fields and bind separately the TEXT property to two context attributes, which were created in step #2.

9) Activate all objects (incl. webdynpro & adobe form) and create a webdynpro application for the component.

The above is all steps. You can find it is very simple, and no manual coding is needed.

Best regards!

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!!

The steps u ahve given are really good. But the thing is I followed all the steps.

But while mappig the context after specifying the interface name I can get form context in webdynpro context but not getting the tables in form context transfered in data tab of form context. do you know the reason? please give me the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have bound those 2 input fields to atrributes in context. So when you enter data in those input fields , data in context also changes.

So on button click event define action and in that read those context atrributes say input1 ,input2 and assign it to the below input fields.

0 Kudos

You can bind input fields to context

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

Form scripting is needed in this case.

I skipped steps for creation of webdynpro & relevant interactive form.

In newly-created interactive form by adobe,

1) Use the mouse to choose the button

2) Choose menu Palettes -> Script Editor

3) In pop-up dialog, first choose event click in the drop-down field of left-top corner, then right-click in white space of the dialog, choose JavaScript in context menu.

4) Write the code below in the dialog.

Field3.rawValue = Field1.rawValue;

Field4.rawValue = Field2.rawValue;

(Suppose names of the top two input fields are Field1 and Field2 respectively; and Field3 and Field4 for the bottom 2 input fields)

Best regards!

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shu,

thanks for your response.

In output, its not reflecting from interactive form to web dynpro browser after i pressed the push button.

its also not showing syntax error.

what i think is in java script we cant map (equals) interactive form field to web dynpro component field.else we want to give correct field name.

for ex :

field3.rawvalue = field1.rawvalue.

here field1.rawvalue is right. since it is in interactive form.

but i think field3.rawvalue is in web dynpro. we cant use directly.

what is your suggestion?