cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - SAP DMS integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am able to create a document info record successfully within SAP DMS in the Project Definition in cProjects. But when I try to do "Transfer Documents" I get an error "Document type '' not defined". I have defined the "DPR_OBJLINK" for document type "DRF". The document info record has got created under the type "DRF". I have uploaded the document of type "XLS" and it has been defined under workstation application. I have also mapped the document "DRF" to type XLS. Please help me.

thanks

anantharam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

go to SPRO>>Cprojects>>>Connections to external Systems>>>Object link in SAP system>>>Make settinmgs for linked sap OBjects.

activate SAP DMS Documnet button

Define frames per object type >>>>>>>>>>fields per frame.

then save it.

plz reward points for useful answer.

thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to define default transfer document type. This should be done the following customization path

Integration with Other mySAP.com Components -->Collaboration Projects -->SAP DMS Integration --> Specify Default Document Types per cProjects System.

Here you not only define default document types for transfer document but also for status reports and other cProjects document uploaded under document tabs.

Once you transfer the document, select the document in the SAP DMS sap and click on the display document structure you will see the transferred document along with the checked in file. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Pugazh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pughaz, could you plesae let me know the settings that need to be made in that. I have entered the system number. what are the other things that I need to enter. FYI, I am using the document type "DRF".

thanks

anantharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth

These are the settings...

Syst. Name......<SYSTEM>CLNT<CLIENT>.....e.g. QSHCLNT100

Folder Coll ............... FOL (this is a doc type of Folder option in DMS)

Doc. Collab....................YPD (Doc type)

Folder PSR..........................FOL

Doc. PSR ....................DRF (again Doc type)

Status....................FR as the name says status...

TransFoldr .................FOL

Transf.Doc .................YPD

needless to say you have to maintain allowed object links for doc type FOL, DRF, YPD

Document Type.......... FOL

Object .......... DPR_OBJLNK

Screen No. .......... 271

Save your entries and let me know if it helps

Niranjan

Award points if useful

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on May 15, 2008 1:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niranjan,

Using this setting I am able to transfer cProjects documents to only one target document type.

That too, the documents are transferred as document structure to parent document already created .

Is there a setting to directly create DMS record with user selected document type instead one default type. Please let me know i need this urgent.

Thanks

Pugazh