cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Design Object transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Due to a requirement I have customised the IDoc and changed the mapping routine in the Development XI system.

To move the changes to Testing XI systyem, I have transported the mapping routine But do we need to transport the IDocs also or we have to import it from the Testing ECC system as i did in the Development.

please suggest.

Thank you,

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

See here is the bottom line,any IDOC or BAPI which you want to use in your scenario must be present in R/3(or ECC) system.if you want to use enhanced IDOC,then you need to export this from R/3(dev) to R/3(QA) like any other ABAP object,as pointed by Agasthuri enhanced IDOC are not transported from XI/PI.

any enhanced IDOC must be transported to QA(and Production) system using transport requests and then its metadata imported in IDX2 of XI(QA or Production system).

Hope that clears the issue

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>>>But do we need to transport the IDocs also or we have to import it from the Testing ECC system as i did in >>the Development.

The customized IDOC's need to be present in the testing R/3 system and their metadata(IDX2)must be in the testing XI system.

if you have customized IDOC's,then you need to export them to test R/3 system as well.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

The Customised IDocs are available in the Testing R/3 system.

My question is do we Transport the customised IDoc from the DEV XI system to Testing XI system or we Import the customised IDocs from the Testing R/3 system into IR of Testing XI system.

Please suggest further to clear my confusion.

Thank you.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> we Import the customised IDocs from the Testing R/3 system into IR of Testing XI system.

No, We do not Import the IDOC again in Quality Environment

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>The Customised IDocs are available in the Testing R/3 system.

If the customized IDOC is already in test R/3 system then you don't need to do anything,you can go ahead and test your scenario in testing system.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Agasthuri Doss.

Then do we have to Transport the Customised IDocs from the DEV XI system to Testing XI system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir,

But in IR of the Testing system we still have the Old IDocs, don't we need to update them with new IDoc structure.

Please explain how it will work in the Testing XI system.

Edited by: mk.xi on May 9, 2008 11:54 AM

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>But in IR of the Testing system we still have the Old IDocs, don't we need to update them with new IDoc structure.

In Dev you have changed is it, Then you will Transport the whole Object to the Quality Environment is it. The New Transport will take care of the Updated IDOC structure

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Then do we have to Transport the Customised IDocs from the DEV XI system to Testing XI system

In SAP ECC the Customised IDOC need to be Transported..In XI / PI system you will upload the Metadata

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri Doss,

I am transporting individual objects from the DEV XI system to Testing XI system like I transported the changed Mapping object.

So similarly do i need to transport the IDocs as well from the DEV system .

Thank you.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>So similarly do i need to transport the IDocs as well from the DEV system

You will not transport IDOC in XI / PI. The Imported IDOC as metedata goes to Testing Environment while Transporting the XI Object from Dev

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri Doss,

I have Customised the Enhanced IDoc extension by adding some new fields in the Custom segments.

If I don't update the IDoc structure in IR of the testing system, then how the changed mapping routine (involving those new fields) can be implemented in the Testing system.

Please explain how the mapping will work, if we still have the old IDoc structure in the Imported objects of Testing system IR.

Thank you.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>if we still have the old IDoc structure in the Imported objects of Testing system IR.

Mapping will fail, You might have added new fields.. which is not existing in the IDOC is it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri Doss,

then how do we update the IDoc structure in Imported objects(IR) of the Testing system.

Thank you.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will be Uploading the Metadata is it Tcode -idx2 (Tcode )

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri Doss,

The source message in the mapping routine after importing the transport From DEV system will be the Customised IDoc..right?

But the IDoc structure is not changed in the Imported objects of Testing system IR.

then will that not be a conflict?

Please explain with the above situation how it will work in Testing system.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>The source message in the mapping routine after importing the transport From DEV system will be the Customised IDoc..right?

Yes,it will be the customized IDOC.

Once you have customized the IDOC in Dev system of R/3.you will export this customized IDOC to R/3 (QA),now log in to IR of QA system and import this customized IDOC.

now when u export the message mapping from IR of Dev(which has customized IDOC as sender) to IR of QA you won't have any issues coz you already have the customized IDOC in both Dev and QA of XI and R/3.

Only thing you need to make sure is that you goto IDX2 of the XI QA box and import the metadata of the customized IDOC.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Once you have customized the IDOC in Dev system of R/3.you will export this customized IDOC to R/3 (QA),now log in to IR of QA system and import this customized IDOC.

So we have to Import the customised IDoc from the R/3(QA) to the XI(QA), as you said above.... right?

And while I am trying import to do that it gives me below error

Connection data for the R/3 import is incomplete Open the software component version xxxxxx and enter the system and the client

Please suggest further.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>Connection data for the R/3 import is incomplete Open the software component version xxxxxx and enter the >system and the client

If you double click on the software component version it will open a page where u can enter the parameters to connect to SAP R/3 system.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

But we have three R/3 systems connecting to the XI system in the Production environment. then how we can mention those parameters.

Thank you.