cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alv Input Field Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my initial screen there are some search criteria based on which i ve to display the data by using ALV.

And i ve hardcoded some value and the data are coming in ALV . But my question is how can i validate the data which is enter by the user in the search field so that data can bedisplay based on the search criteria in the alv output.

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can take all the attributes (which u bind to the input fields for selction criteria) in a node.

u read the node which returns u a structure, which contains all the input which user has entered.

then write a method which imports this structure and based on the values in the structure u can fetch the data from the table.

get the value in an internal table and bind that internal table to the node with which ur alv table is associated.

hope this helps

regards

chythanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chythanya,

i ve created a method in which i am reading the node and i m getting the value in a structure .

But i m getting the values through two function module .Moving the data to a internal table and bind that table to the context .So the output is coming based on one search creteria .Can you please tell me how can i validate for all .

Few code'll be appriciated .

Thanks In Advance,

Satya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

use OVS (object value selector) method there , it wll take input and according to that f4 will be displayed.

OVS Component:

https ://

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/30/d7fa41c915da6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Packages : WDR_TEST_OVS2,WDR_OVS,WDR_TEST_OVS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec...

/people/shruti.rathour/blog/2008/05/05/ovs-help-in-web-dynpro-abap

Regards,

Muneesh Gitta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is solved by me . I read the node in which i am storing the value .And after getting the value comparing with th e table.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your data is cuming from the table then before you bind your output to the context node, check if its INITIAL or not.

if initial then there is no data availablefor the search criteria..

and raise an error message.

you can use a message manager for displaying the error.

Best Regards,

Ritwik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick replay but what i mean to say is . I ve some search field so user first enter some value on those field based on which it'll fetch the data so my confusion is how to check the inputs enter by the user .Then only it'll fetch the data .

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satya,

if you validate your input values, then on action of your button, then do a get static attribute and fetch the values and validate them.

if its valid then only bind your result to table or alv.

Best Regards,

Ritwik.