cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect Idocs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can anyone tell me if it is compulsory to have a fork step to collect idocs of the smae message type(matmas for example)..I have a loop in the fork.

i tried it without the fork step in the loop, but outound idocs wont come to Moni at all.

Also with the fork Idocs get generated and create 1 file per idoc but not collected.

I need to COllect Idocs for a certain time interval..say 2 hours.. into One file.(IDOC>XI>File).

thanks.

Edited by: XI_User XI on May 9, 2008 12:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A background program should be scheduled to run every 2 Hours to analyse any material records that have been created or changed or deleted that have occurred to the material master records in the last minute.

There are two Message Mappings involved in the whole scenario. First mapping is N:1 Mapping which will be used in BPM and second Mapping is 1:1 Mapping:

1. First Message Mapping N: 1 – Mapping between IDoc (occurrence – 0...unbounded in “Messages” tab) to IDoc with changed occurrence of its top node (IDOC) as 0...unbounded. This message mapping will be used in BPM – transformation step.

Description: This BPM collects all Idocs for 10 minutes which are of Message Type (ZMATMAS05) according to Receiver Partner Number (Field – RCVPRN) and calls N: 1 mapping to bundle the collected Idocs in a One External Definition for that IDOC.

Use

You use a wait step ( ) to incorporate a delay in a process. Usually, you use a delay to define when the next step in the process is to start. You can define a delay as either a point in time or a period of time.

At runtime, the step waits until the specified point in time is reached or the specified period of time has passed. The system then continues the process by proceeding with the next step.

Check these

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

You have to serialize the idocs

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/28/setting-up-inbound-qrfc-queues-for-serializing-idocs-using-the-idoc-adapter

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/24/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-1

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOC to File steps to be followed please verify your scenario with it

R3 system.

1. Create SM 59 RFC destination to XI,.

2. We21 - Create port to XI.

3. We 20 -- Maintain Partner Profile for the outbound Idoc.

XI SLD

1. Create technical system for R3 system

2. Create Business System for the Client of the R3 system.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in order to collect the idocs you need to use two container operation steps..one is to assign and the another is to append,and in the loop step you need to specify something like i = 5 , to receive certain number of idocs....

pls check it

reward points if found helpfull

regards

chandra.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to COllect Idocs for a certain time interval.

Yes u can collect idoc by using container step and use opertion = append. Create a multiline interface for IDOC type .then send it in file.

Regards,

Rohit.

Reward points if helpful.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to Collect Idocs for a certain time interval..say 2 hours

If you want to do it by using BPM only then you can use following BPM from SAP Basis component for your reference

SAP BASIS ---> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns ---> BpmPatternCollectTime

In deadline branch you can specify 2 hour and to merge all those Idocs you can define a mapping as to collect Idocs and use Message Mapping BpmPatternCollectMerge for your reference. And use this mapping in transformation step.

For further clarification revert back to us.

Regards

Sami

Reward points if helpful.

Edited by: sami qureshi on May 9, 2008 8:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You dont needs BPM to collect IDOC's.you can collect them in R/3 itself for 2 hours and then receive in XI

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Thanx

Aamir