cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering BPM/Message from an XI Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to trigger a BPM from an alert (like a mapping error) being generated but the only options are email, fax and SMS.

I could send out an email and receive it back within XI to kick off a process; but this is not elegant and email is not a guaranteed delivery mechanism plus the BPM should be triggered ASAP.

Anyone have any ideas?

Info to SAP - Would be good to add an additional option to send a message to XI as a feature to the alert framework in the future.

Regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

In your exception branch of a mapping error after triggering an alert why don't you try triggering a another BPM using send step (i.e send a message to another BPM from your exception branch).

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies - I mean triggering a Message from an alert generated during a standard, non-BPM message error.

In this scenario - you can only raise an email, fax or sms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt/Anand

I was thinking in the same direction, but then i realized Matt wanted a way to trigger a BPM from an alert that is raised due to some message mapping error of some arbitary interface which may not be a BPM.

Matt: i dont think there is an elegant way todo in the current SP level of XI

Naveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondering whether the auto-reaction on the CCMS node work for you? You can try calling an ABAP program as the auto-reaction method of the MTE in CCMS which called an RFC which triggers your BPM.

Not sure whether this will work or not. If you are trying this, would appreciate a post on the result.

All the best,

Kannan