Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign source of supply - NOT WORKING

nureya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a purchase requistion and the source is not coming automaticaly in source of supply tab. I have a info record, contract and vendor master. In me01, i maintained the vendor and material number (without info record) in one line and in other line, i had given the the contract.

Now when icreate the req, i am not getting the inforecord details or anything in source of supply. please advice.

Sylvia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ehsan100
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the source of supply in PR you need to check the following.

1) In SPRO check whether source list is activated for Plant

2) In Material master check in Purchasing view have have selected the check box Source of list for the Material.

3) Have you maintained the Source of supply(Vendors) in ME01 for Material number, Plant & Vendor combination.

4) Check whether the validity period for the vendor in the source list in ME03/ME02

5) Check whether have you created the Info record for Plant,Material, & Vendor with Purchase organization.

if you had done all these settings then you can Assign the source of supply in Purchase Requisitions.

rgds

Chidanand

nureya
Participant
0 Kudos

Chid,

Thanks for your reply.

1) In SPRO check whether source list is activated for Plant

*yes its been maintained properly.

2) In Material master check in Purchasing view have have selected the check box Source of list for the Material.

• yes its been maintained properly.

3) Have you maintained the Source of supply(Vendors) in ME01 for Material number, Plant & Vendor combination

• I have a question here. I have an info record and also i have a contract. Do i need to have both in sourcelist. Which one can i make fixed.

4) Check whether the validity period for the vendor in the source list in ME03/ME02

*yes its valid.

5) Check whether have you created the Info record for Plant,Material, & Vendor with Purchase organization.

*yes its been maintained properly.

Now the question is

a) I want the source list to populate automatically, when i hit the check button in purchase requistion.. But I am not getting the inforecord details and also nothing in source of supply. Any suggestions of how to populate the source automatically?

Am i missing something?

Sylvia

rgds

Chidanand

Edited by: Sylvia Hernandez on May 9, 2008 3:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If all these are maintained properly then system will sure pick the source of supply in PR.

Source list can be generated from Info Record using transaction ME05

If not created then there is a problem in your info record so try to create the PO in ME21N and then check whether the system will pick the price from info record.

rgds

Chidanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

simple solution to your problem is just ensure that there should not be multiple source present in source list with in the same validty period and if so then system is ot able to find a unique source then sytem doesnt pick any source in pr even if u mark the check box of source determination in pr at header level

and if this si the scenerio hen mark the vendor as fic in source list or in info record as regular vendor ............or in pr at item detail level u have the tab assign source of supply there click the button and there u can select the source manualy and if u want to to do the prcie comparision then this option is also there in pr

and if u are not able to find any source un me51n then use the tcode me57n that is for the assignment list then system will find the source

or

directly convert the unassigned pr in to po by tcode me25 and mark the source determination chcek box at intioal screen

well there are so many ways to achive your requirement and so there is no end of solution for the question u have mentioned

Former Member
0 Kudos

and one more thing u need not to mark the source list at plant level in backend if u want to maintin the source list for the material only

so go to tcode ome5 and unmark the chcek box from u r plant and mark for the marterial only