cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Pages...different format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...this is not urgent, more academic than anything so I can figure out a better way to do this.

I need to have a smartform comprised of three parts. The first part is a list of materials delivered to the customer. The second part is a letter saying, 'Gee, Thanks.' The third part is a survey that they are asked to fill out. Notice that the second and third pages are always ONE page long...but that the first page could vary greatly in length. Now, there are three obvious ways to make this work.

1) Configuration such that when conditions are met three seperate smartforms are printed. (three smartforms)

2) Be sneaky and put code in the smartform that calls the next two smartforms. (still three smartforms)

3) Copy and modify the print routine, essentially doing what you did in number 2 but in the print routine. (again still three smartforms).

Ok...I don't like any of these that much, clearly 1) is the best way. However, I have to wonder, can I do this all in ONE smartform using different Pages?

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats an interesting scenario.

You can try this -

Create Page 1 and put your all data which can expand more than one page in the Main window.

Create page 2 & 3 with other requirement.

Now dont call Page 2 or Page 3 from the NEXT PAGE drop down instead add a COMMAND node and explicitily call the next page from the previous page based on the display conditions.

I think it moght solve the things.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree to what amit says.

Creat 3 pages with your 3 layouts.

Have the main window only on first page.

Have the 1st page call itself.

After the table (not in the table footer) create a command line and make it point to page 2 and in the conditions tab, check the option 'Only before end of main window'

For page 2, give page3 as the next page.

Put a command after you have printed the letter to jump to page 3.

create page 3 the same way as page 2, no need to give any next page (you cant make it point to itself... it contains no main window).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys...this saved me from some messy configuration. I took your advice and tried the following.

At the end of the main window I created a command line that essentially pointed to the second page and I checked 'Only Before End of Main Window'.

It worked like a charm.

Greg