cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebGUI Testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody used a stress testing tool with the webgui? I'm using RadView's WebLOAD. After creating an agenda, it promptly fails with 400 errors (session timed out) every time it trys to submit any data.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

I'm not familiar with RadView's WebLOAD tool, but have seen the LoadRunner tool used before for stress testing the ITS. There are a few notes that may be pertinent to your testing as well, please see note 651581 and 831076.

Thanks,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

While LoadRunner is a proven tool, it is not in my client's budget. I'm beginning to think that none of the free tools like WebLoad will work with the webgui due to some of the "non-standard" web techniques SAP uses.

Can anyone confirm or dispute this?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

I just downloaded the WedLOAD tool and created an "Agenda". It ran sucessfully through a test for webgui. I'm not sure what "non-standard" web techniques you're referring to, but maybe you should have a look at your Agenda again and . If you're load testing a standard SAP transaction please let me know what it is and I can try to reproduce it internally. Note 651581 is not exclusive for LoadRunner users, but a general tips for load testing so it is still relevant to look over. Thanks.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm. Well that gives me hope that it's just operator error and may be solved with a configuration change.

As soon as the agenda mimicks any kind of submission of data, I get the 400 error. Try running pa20, choose an employee and display an infotype.

It doesn't matter if the webgui is embedded in the portal or I go to it straight away. The same thing happens.

I appreciate your help Edgar.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

I was able to create an Agenda for PA20 and displaying Personal Data, but when I go to Run the Agenda the WebLOAD IDE gives me error message:

The test cannot be run.

WebLOAD IDE license doesnot support SAP.

My first Agenda with PZ11 still works and I am able to run it. I was also able to create an Agenda starting transaction PA20 and run that, but as soon as I add the step to display an Infotype I get the above error from WebLOAD. How where you able to get around this? I download WebLOAD Version 8.1.0.141.00.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar,

That's strange, I've never seen that error. I am running the same version as you are. The only error I see is the 400 error and I get it about 10 times with every script I run. I still see the 400 error if I take the URL out of the agenda and put it in a browser. Maybe the same thing is happening to you, but it is catching the error better in your instance and telling you it's not supported.

I'm out of ideas....