cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales document_GL Account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a sales order,billing document and goods issue document.

if created an invoice for this i want to know which GL account it will be posted to.

How can i know this.

can some one let me know abt this.

anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anand

Go to FB03 or go to FBL5n

go to VF02 and click on document flow , you can see the accounting document , select the accounting document and click on display document you can view the details and once you go there you can view to which G/L account it has been posted

Regrads

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue is the invoice is not yet created. If create an invoice i want to know which GL account it will hit.

I have only sales doc,billing doc and goods issue doc.

now i want to create an accounting document for this. before creating i want to know which accounts i am going to hit for the postings.

thanks,

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anand

The process in SAP is that order - delivery - billing - passing to FI

once you create an invoice VF01, you cant know that this invoice is going to hit which G/L accounts

Just take a real time example , when you go to a retail store after getting the bill only you will pay the amount . But not before getting the bill

Hope this example helps you

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have only sales doc,billing doc and goods issue doc - so what you want to find is before creating accounting doc which GL's are going to be hit. You can check the item pricing conditions at the billing doc ie invoice for example F2. You will find different pricing conditions. Now all of these which are mapped to an account key at the pricing procedure level are going to pass to accounts where they hit the GL's.

Now check the revenue account determination assignments at VKOA, for your master data + Sales Org + acc key at pricing procedure which GL's are mapped. The pricing conditions will hit these GL's.

regards

sadhu kishore