Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Experts:

I am at the Web Servivces Navigator.

I have a basic question about it:

We are using MI7.1 which has NO Java stack. Therefore we do NOT have the Web Services Navigator.

How do we use the Web Services for MI7.1?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just want to check the set of web services available in sap netweaver mobile 7.1, then you can go to transaction SICF and then execute and see the list of services avaiable and also right click and do a test run of the webservice. You can also create your own services here.

Hope this is what you have asked for and it helps.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

1) SICF lists the BSP services; Web Services are requests between java application to client application.

Are you sure them are the same thing?

2) When I compare the services between web service navigator and SICF, I do not see there is any

relationship. For example, if I search "AdapterMessageMonitoring" in SICF, I cannot find it.

I think SICF and web service navigator are listing totally different services.

Therefore my question is that since MI7.1 has NO Java stack (hence NO web service navigator ), how

are web services handled in MI7.1?

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

First of all I am a little confused about the fact why are you mixing Web Services in ABAP with Mobile. They both have nothing to do with each other.

Secondly, mobile does not expose any native services to be consumed by the outside world. So if you are looking for that you might not find anything.

Finally you can use SE80 to create web services in ABAP, but to be able to create your bindings you would require SOAMANAGER to be configured on your system without which your web service is not consumable. And for that you need java stack.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason behind of my original question is as follows:

1) MI7.1 has not java stack , therefore there is no web service navigator for MI7.1

2) but MI7.x is going to use web services to sync with the backend systems;

3) therefore I wonder how will MI7.x handle web services. I donot think it will be SICF.

Please share your opinions.

Thanks again!

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

as far as I know webservices are not avaialble in MI7.1 yet.

From what I understand they are being discussed but for future versions.

I can be wrong, so to get a more qualified response on this I would advice you to opem OSS message to MI component to get confirmation from SAP.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova