cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Check out/in - Data Mgr

0 Kudos

I have some records that have the gray (original) checkout icon in the column. There are only three of us who may have checked these records out and we've all tried the following:

1. When we try to join the checkout, we get the message that these records are not checked out. 2. If we try to delete these records we get the message that the record is already checked out.

We all have standard delivered Catalog Manager security. Version 5.5 SP5. Does anyone have any clue as to how we either delete these records or get them checked in. Is there any way to tell who might have checked a record out? This is our development system, but I figure if it happened here it could also happen in production.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are in a desperate situation you can always run these SQL queries:

The database name "MDMTEST_M000" should be replaced with the actual database name of your repository.

DELETE from MDMTEST_M000.A2I_DATA_10_WFUSER;

DELETE from MDMTEST_M000.A2I_DATA_10_WFSTEP;

DELETE from MDMTEST_M000.A2I_DATA_10_WFLAUNCHEDDATA;

DELETE from MDMTEST_M000.A2I_DATA_10_WFJOB;

This is for 5.5 SP05, the table structure is a bit different in SP06, but you'll be able to tell the difference in table names when you look at the database.

I haven't run these on SP06, you will experience some data loss. I would do an archive of the repository first.

Edited by: Harrison Holland on May 8, 2008 1:25 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thank you all for your suggestions. We will probably have to go the database route as even with the Admin role there is no checked out records showing. We also have no workflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have any Workflows assigned to it and by mistake if you have deleted the workflow for checked out record, then you don't have much option except to delete from data base. check if you still have the workflows active for checked out record.

Suresh.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just login to Data Manager with the Admin user and check whether the records shown in Checked-out mode if yes then you can Check-in the records because Admin user has no restrictions.

Records can also be checked out using workflows so just have a look at the Workflow tab but main thing is you should login with the Admin user.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja