cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM GUI: Connect but nothing more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from one day to the next I encountered the following problem with our NetWeaver 7.0 Developer Workplace system:

Our RemoteGui for SDM (started via RemoteGui.bat which was successful so long) somehow seems to hang when logging on to SDM.

After entering the password I simply get an empty SDM-Window with the message "Attempting to log on to ". Aside the name of the server is listed so the connection could be established. Nothing more happens after that.

The deployment via SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio still works fine.

In the log file there are no error message:

May 8, 2008 6:44:12 PM Info: SDM-Gui is started

May 8, 2008 6:44:12 PM Info: Gui is remote - have to connect to server

May 8, 2008 6:44:22 PM Info: Attempting to logon from Host "0.0.0.0", Port "0" to Host "svr-sapwspace2", Port "50018", Role "admin"

May 8, 2008 6:44:26 PM Info: Logon to host ..... was successful

May 8, 2008 6:44:26 PM Info: Repository data loaded successfully

To my eyes this looks fine. But the GUI remains a pure blue area with disabled buttons at the top.

Has anyone an idea why my SDM GUI does not work together with the SDM any more?

Many thanks!

Angela.

Edited by: Angela Grüner on May 8, 2008 7:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angela,

1. SDM is running on "Integrated mode" or "Standalone mode".If it is running on Integrated mode make it to run on Standalone mode and try starting SDM using RemoteGUI.bat.

2. Check whether JDK for SDm is corrupted.

Check the SAP Notes: 743583 to update your JDK for SDM.

3. Restart your server and test.

Catch me for any clarification.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

thanks for Your reply. Unfortunately it did not improve the situation to start SDM in standalone mode. My GUI still remains in the state described before after prompting the SDM password - still without any error output.

An interesting aspect is the following:

When I try to stop the server via the StopServer command, it gives me the return code 4 and the message "An administrator logged in via GUI / there are active sessions". So indeed a connection seems to be established. I encountered the same thing before when trying another deployment via Developer Studio after interrupting the SDM GUI Start.

Concerning your proposal with the JDK: Everything is fine there. Nothing changed since yesterday and yesterday my SDM worked without problems. It a real "from one day to the other problem"

Regards,

Angela.

Edited by: Angela Grüner on May 8, 2008 7:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please check SAP Note 824357

in general SDM hangs when we have duplicate deployments

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

perfect! That was it!